Ghosted by my live in boyfriend of 1.5 years and left with all his belongings?

My boyfriend of a year and a half recently moved back into our apartment after reuniting back in July. Our breakup lasted about 3 months and we both dated others only to find out we truly loved eachother as no one also quite suited our needs.
2 weeks ago - he left to meet a friend on vacay. On day 2 I had an accident and had a trip to the hospital that may have made him annoyed given the nature but could have happened to anybody. When he Got my text he tried to reach me with about 5 calls and I wasn't able to get back to him for about 15 min. When trying to get ahold of him from the hosp - he seemingly ghosted. I assume because he was with his boys and didn't want the drama or I was a buzzkill etc. Who knows. It's the rapid fire change in persona that beats me. The last few thing he said to me over text (literally 30 min before incident) was how much he loved and missed me and how I'm the one for him. He even face timed me like 4 times in the first 24 hours of vacay and stayed in constant contact via text without me prompting him. Fast forward 2 weeks I heard news he showed up to his parents house unannounced when vacay ended. He left all his belongings and his guns and simply never made contact after the hospital night I desperately tried to contact him (my incident was traumatic and we are extremely supportive of eachother normally). The friend he met on vacay is however a total douche and who knows what he said or if my SO was influenced by him. When reaching out to his friend I was treated like an insignificant bothersome Knat who couldn't take a hint for trying find out what the heck was going on. I may have been two persistent to contact the first couple days - but I was freaking confused. My bad, my SO has some depression issues and I was worried. We were planning to move cross country and get married one day for god sakes. Now I'm left with all his crap and no explanation. Total ghost. Anyone willing to play devils advocate or is this guy just a complete *?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Dude lol
    This sounds sloppy af

I don't even know what you mean. He left? After a year and half
    Seems like you guys were always a little wonky to begin with though and he doesn't seem very reliable lol
    So not really surprised though

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sorry to hear about ur traumatic experience. What was the reason you guyss broke up in the first place? Once its broken its not quite the same. Its quite simple, you needed him and he wasn't there for you. Sometimes its better to cut our losses and heal before trying to move on. Just spend time dating yourself. Knowing your worth.