How do you start a breakup conversation with an SO?

How do you start? What do you say? Face-to-face. I am not asking for coward examples of email and text etc. opinions.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• you start, by sitting them down, giving them a cup of tea or somthing. and you tell them that you have a problem with the relationship. you be calm and courtious, you dont raise your voice if the other does, and you just listen, because you will need to be strong and understanding. because the other person will feel like being hit with a brick wall, or a frate train.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're in a relationship with a man, I wouldn't hold your breath on that mature conversation. Been there, tried that, did not succeed. But, just be honest!!!

What Guys Said 3

• "I'm sorry, but I'm not happy in this relationship and I want it to end."

• Are you for certain its over, or just feeling like it might be?

• I am certain.

• Thanks. I was thinking of the same, but thought maybe being too blunt may hurt him more.

• It'll sting at first, but long buildup ones are much worse, too much time to think and try to salvage whats not there. That really sucks

• I would start by chosing a public venue, begin the conversation somewhere along the lines of, "So" or a "Listen" and talk about what you like about your relationship. Let them down slow. Then you tell them you want something different

• I dont want to be public actually, because i dont think he would physically hurt me or kill me. and i dont wanna publicize anything if he gets upset, angry or whatever, and can't control himself in front of everyone.

• But that's the exact reason why. If he can't deal with it in public. And talk about it in private. Then there's no coming back from that. Basically, coming from a sensitive guy... this is the best possible dialog between them. I've learned to handle myself. If he's a strong guy he will respect you.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!