I heard that my ex boyfriend is always drunk since we broke up. Why do I feel guilty? What should I do?

So, it's been 3 months since the break up. Our relationship lasted 2 years. I'm 19 and he's 20. I've been doing better, him- not so much. It's kinda ironic since he left me for another yonger girl and started messing around with the said girl right away - no commitment tho, just lust. Anyway, I've been hearing about how he's getting drunk & going out every night, coming home at 7 am or not coming home at all, all while posting ALL of it on social media. He's in a band too, so he feeds off attention from other girls. I have been following the no contact rule so far - not planning to break it. But still, I kinda feel guilty? Like somehow, I was the one that broke up with him?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait, what!! You are young. And he left you for someone else. If anyone should be consoled then in my opinion it is you. You were the one who was left. You are not responsible for his drinking. Don't break the silence. If you are hellbound to doing something then ask a mutual friend to convey a message. Although this may have unforeseen reverberations. So, do this only if your conscience feels guilty

What Guys Said 7

• I dont think you had anything to do with it. Thats just how band people are if they can't control themself.

• Don't feel guilty

• Don't worry you can sleep well without any guilt, he wasn't forced to cheat its his fault he made that decision

• That's just karma getting his ass back for what he has done. I've got a question? It's about why you might feel guilty

• It's feel difficult for boys to come out his kind of break up. It takes time for guys to get redemption from the break up. Soon he will be alright.

• Just keep a check on him. Who knows he might have gone for some one but really likes u

• Because you think it's cause of you. Women, always making it about themselves

What Girls Said 0