It was just a small lie. Why did he left me :'( ?

I live in France and I am Turkish. I met a French guy and began to date with him but I have said that I am Maltese. It is because of some rwcism issues. However, as we are entering a club, during the ID control, he noticed my passport and understood that I lied to him. Then, he left me since I lied to him :'(

It was not an important lie. How can I earn him back?

66

Most Helpful Guy

• Let it be. Give it a few days don't message him at all. Then randomly message him and say something like "Hey, I really liked you and didn't intend to lie to you. I'm not a liar, I was just uncomfortable in the moment when I told you that. It's not something I like to talk about. Let's give this another try. I promise I'll be honest with you."

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not from your country or his. I want to tell you, when you decide to start dating someone, even the little lie can screw up a person's trust towards another. My ex-told me he has to go to work that day when we planned to hang out, later I find out that he wasn't at work. He lied and told me that he didn't want to tell me he went bike riding with his friends. That one lie changed the dynamics of our whole relationship. I became a different person temporarily that I hated. The french guy, He left for a good reason, he knew himself too well.

What Guys Said 5

• Where you come from is central to who you're, and you couldn't tell the truth about it, ergo why should he trust you on anything else?

• What if I am not Maltese but I act and behave like Maltese?

• If I were not a Turkish citizen but a Maltese citizen, I would have been Maltese. Why is a piece of paper so important for some?

• You're rather dense. It's the fact that you can't be honest with him. If you can't tell the truth on something so trivial as your nationality, why should he believe you on anything else?

• It was an important lie. If you lie on something small like that, he like other people are going to think you are hiding other things. It's best to be upfront with a partner

• But lying about you nationality is an unimportant lie. Isn't it?

• What if I am culturally Maltese? Then, it would not be lying.

• You told him you are from Malta, you are from Turkey though. Even if you are culturally from Malta you still told him a lie that you should have not told. Best thing to do is to ask him for forgiveness and to not lie to him again.

• You need to speak to him asap an come clean

• People in love often forgive their lover, if they seriously love their SO. If they dont forgive, then it was not love at the very first place. Love is aboud forgiving and needs no conditions.

• Did you see? I trivial lie can even make you break up with your boyfriend.

What Girls Said 5

• To lie about something so trivial is beyond me. He was bound to have found out some time. Be proud of who you are!

• When people lie about things like that it makes others wonder what else they are lying about. Most people are proud of their origins, so lying about that might seem like a huge red flag.

• Many people have seemed to explain the same thing to you and you just don't get it. I'm going to say this once more, and that's it. IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT THE LIE WAS ABOUT BUT THE FACT THAT YOU LIED.

• Okay. Please calm down.

• Explain why you did it... Tell him how you feel about him

• It was an important lie - lying about your nationality/where you’re from.

• Why?

• He just didn’t like being lied to. I suggest to move on

• I think it was a big lie