Is it worth it to spend all of your free time to pay off a nice house and car?

Like you hardly see your family then what's the point? You hardly could enjoy the nice house because you're always working so what's the point?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Time with family is important - but I could also see how a house could be worth some hard work, because it keeps its value and goes up in value. But an expensive car is really not worth it, it is a meaningless status symbol and goes down in value quickly.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it depends on priorities. I work to avoid my family, and don't really care about free time so I work as much as possible.

What Girls Said 2

• I can have a nice house and car without it costing a fourtune. Its not worth it to work so much you dont have a life

• Exactly. It's important to enjoy your life while you can.

What Guys Said 3

• That's not the only issue the amount of interest paid on a mortgage is staggering. Every time you move you pay taxes to buy a new home and also commission paid to the retailer to sell the house.

• That's what I'm doing, I work 51-60+ hours a week

• The thing about it is invest your money I personally like older cars = easily paid off... having a house is an investment which is a total win, I'm saving to & have a 41k & trade stocks... -_- I'm remodeling my house right now

• No it is a social trap