Why won't he tell me why he cheated?

My boyfriend left his email up on my computer. I snooped looking for this embarrassing/funny email he said he had sent the other day. Found out he had cheated on me with another girl the day after we celebrated his birthday 3 weeks ago. I had taken him out for dinner and bought him expensive gifts. When I confronted him about it, all he said is that I never should have invaded his privacy. When I asked why he did it, or if he was even sorry, he wouldn't give me an answer. I broke it off, but I hate the lack of closure. We had been open about everything, he had even told me the day before I found all this out that I was the best thing that happened to him. Now I am left without any answers and just horribly confused. If the sex was great, communication was great, then why would he do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be virtually anything from "we both were just horny" to "I actually love her and don't care much about you", but actually saying it takes some guts. Looks like your guy doesn't have them, or doesn't want to escalate the situation.

• he most definitely doesn't. and either way, it's clear that he doesn't respect me enough to apologize. ugh, what a total loser. I can't believe I dated someone like that. thanks for the reply.

• From where I am, male cheating is considered "no big deal". I think he thinks it's no big deal either. But t actually is. Take care.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people cheat due to their own personal insecurities. It's pretty often that they'll cheat because it felt good to be desirable in the eyes of someone else, so it makes them feel good about themselves, or because it was a nostalgic giddy feeling, having something new, and they didn't want it to stop, regardless of how hurt their partner would be. It's not always the fault of the significant other they're cheating on unless that person is making them feel extremely bad about themselves or being otherwise abusive. So it's on him and his issues, not you.

What Guys Said 3

• He's a guy in his early 20s. He'll bone any female over 18 with a pulse. Trust me, it's not you. In fact, he'll realize later that he was an idiot for losing you.

• You just thought he was open about everything, he was a player that's what players do.

• And I got played :-( I've never been cheated on, so I'm still in shock about all this. Like I should have seen the signs, but I never did. thanks for the reply though.

• I'm sorry, not all men are players. A word of advice is don't find a man that treats you only nice. Find a man that's always kind because he knows how to be kind. His actions outside of you show his character. This is why nice guys finish last women want an a****** that treats them nice. That's like asking a fire to not be hot but only to you.

• He has nothing to say. He cheated and got caught. You should not worry about it.

What Girls Said 1

• Because he's an asshole.