Why does breaking up feel like death?

maybe it's not extreme but breaking up feelings like this person is gone forever. even though, I'm happy that they're alive and doing well on their own.. when this person is not in your life anymore, it feels like they're gone forever

we just have memories of them and wish that you could have done/experienced more together :/
how you could be more happier and show them only good things. I don't know

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I think after breaking up with someone, we should learn to accept the reality of life!!! Try to let the things go!!! Free yourself from attachment and have a break to look at your side!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• This probably isn't the healthiest coping mechanism but for me, initially I make a list of every single con of dating the person I just broke up with. It could be something major like he wasn't respectful or something minor like you hate his favorite shirt. Sounds silly and mean but it helps, I swear

It's totally normal to struggle after a breakup though. You're losing someone you loved and were attached to and you're losing an entire future with them. Best thing to do is stay busy and work on yourself. Eventually, someone better will come along when you're ready. It's just an adjustment in the beginning

• yeah well he did a lot of things that I didn't like, but for some reason I look past. which doesn't help my situation

he was gas lighting and said 'he hates women' so. also I kind of lost it near the end, so I also feel guilty that I sought retribution and it killed our relationship. didn't know I could turn into this person

but it is for the best, I realize that now. thank you :)

• Don't make excuses for his behavior. That only makes things harder to get over. And if he was gaslighting you, that's emotional abuse and you deserve better than that. Everyone does stupid stuff when they're hurt, forgive yourself and move on. It'll be OK

What Guys Said 3

• I wish I had an answer for you. I have often wondered the same thing.

• Not easy go you had someone by ur side. Now you dont. Its natural. But put on some music. Meet old friends. ENJOY

• You broke up for a reason, move on

What Girls Said 1

• Its not easy to lose someone you love sometimes it feels like a death because you know that you will never see or speak to that person again