Why are guys so harsh when breaking up?

Whenever I break up with someone I usually try and be as gentle as possible. Break it down easy. But when a guy breaks up with me it's like: I don't love you anymore, I don't want to be with you anymore

It's really heartbreaking how they approach it. They being my exes I know every guy isn't like this. I hope. I'm just really hurting right now. It's only been a week so it feels like a fresh cut still.

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha my girls are worst, they just go silent and never talk to me again 😳!!!

But sorry you're going through a break up mate. It's never easy, harsh or easy let down, all of it sucks. Those guys you dated just revealed how horrible of people they are by being so heartless in there breakup tactics.

Good luck finding better mates going forward, you deserve it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think guys will string girls along for a bit sometimes and wait until the emotional connection is mostly gone for them before they end things. It's justified already in their mind and they're more logical than women, so they aren't always super sensitive about things. There isn't exactly an easy way to break up with someone and I prefer someone be blunt than beat around the bush or sugar coat it. But I'm sorry you're going through a breakup, feel better soon <3 I just got dumped too lol

What Guys Said 18

• Break up is break up it sucks there is no easy way to do it you say you break it down easy. Your easy still hurts if the guy is truly in love with you there is no easy and as your boyfriend being so harsh that could have been his easy even though he's breaking up with you you didn't really want to hurt you and at the same thing didn't know how to go about it maybe his emotions just took over and it just made it cut and dry so if anything learn from it ask yourself if I was to break up with somebody again how would I want it done to me you started out as friends so you have to end it as friends so maybe take that person's hand look them in the eye and explain to them why it's just not going to work anymore there's no reason to explode or two hurt one another

• Why ya all hoes and cheat behind our back? Just why? Dear god speak for once and tell us what is the problem. But no let's cheat.

• Better to cut clean and swiftly than to drag something out.

• depends on person to person. some are really cool but some get outburst.
    but if you suddenly say that it's over it's kind of rude doesn't matter how softly you say. let him know what is wrong with relationship than say..
    if you don't love him anymore why you want to be with him? , let him free. whatever he is saying he will regret later but currently he is angry may be on him or you.

• I guess for a guy it doesn't hurt as much initially to break up with a girl. So he's harsh and moves on until a few weeks later he starts to feel the hurt. For a girl I think it's the opposite she feels the hurt right away and in a few weeks is much stronger. So he's probably harsh out of a lack of emotion at the time

• You may think your sparing feelings in a break up but your not, no matter what way you say it when you break up with someone your telling them that they aren't good enough for you. The guys are right clean and to the point.

• I am not. I can't make anyone sad. I am nice and gentle. The problem with girls is that they go to the wrong guys and get fucked up

• Why would they be? How non-serious is your relationships that you think breaking up is just as easy as taking a walk?
    Come on be serious.

• It's a matter of making sure there's no turning back. It's not only guys girls do it aswell, and they're completely unaware of doing it. I however think it's a good thing to be harsh cause the sadness hits you right away not after a while and you won't be spending much time wondering why. However it does dent your confidence but what break-up doesn't?

• Just like women, all guys are different. If you are having the same reaction to the same situation all the time, it might pay to look inwards. How you handle relationship endings, your choices in men, etc.

• Girls can be just as harsh.

• Because they need to convince themselves as well the way they feel even if the love is gone the physical part never leaves

• Have you ever ripped a bandage off slowly? Have you ever ripped one off fast? Which one gets the pain over with quicker? There's your answer.

• They want to move on and they can't when you're still in their life, you need to move on

• So are girls.

• It's a way of making a clean break rather than the heartache of a slow process of breaking up

• Yeah everytime I've broken up with someone I've done it quick so I don't drag them through it longer

• 'Whenever I break up with someone' acting as if this happens on the daily lol

What Girls Said 3

• How is that harsh? That is the truth and how they feel.

• I prefer blunt honesty.

• Strogiuz94, is right.