If he broke up with you and want to still be friends?

we broke up recently but he said he likes to talk to me, but in oour relationship we fight a lot, but friends we dont, but i dont if exs can be friends. because he told if i went on a date he could give an advice it is possibly?

64

Most Helpful Guy

• Down the road maybe a friendship could work. I just know in my own past experiences, being friends right away never works out well.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best male friend used to be my very first boyfriend, but it was a long way to build up a friendship again after the break up. We had cut any contact for about 2 years.

What Guys Said 3

• Stop playing your self ok why do woman do that if he doesn't want you leave him alone there is someone out there in this world that your never fight again or your going to keep doing this your self

• but he is the one that want to be friends, not me because if its over its over. i just have one previous relationship and we never contact again because i dont find it neccesary, but now he told me to be friends and my question is that if its a good idea or its the best for both that we dont see each other

• sorry to hear that. i think you're right because he made clear that he doesn't want to be with me and also neither in a future. but he said he still cares about me and wants to be friends, but if i still in contact with him i will still be thinking that he wants me back but the truth is that he is not. i hope you can deal with your problem. time cures everything. good luck

• No luck God will bless me

• Friendship is ways better. A lot of the personal issues don't get in the way. I'm friends with all my ex's. We have a very good friendship.

• in my opinion ex's can't be friends. Have seen people try and either they go back to dating and vreak up again later or they drift apart.

What Girls Said 5

• Some people are better friends than partners. I have seen many people giving advice like "if you want to stay as friends with your ex, you either still love him, or never loved him at all" but i personally feel that it can go bothways. I have a couple of aquantainces that can talk to me about their stories and their ups and downs without getting into a relationship, and i do like people who can appeal to me sexually or through their appearance at the same time, but not necessarily fall in love with them.
    Hope it helps

• Exes can be friends but it certainly isn't going to happen straight away. It took me nearly 2 years to be friends with my ex.

• Its hard, some can not do it and some can, depends on how close you guys were and if you both can accept being friends

• he's keeping you for his benefit

• It’s hard to act like a friend after break up