Should I tell my Ex I'm sorry? And how?

Anonymous
My ex broke up with me back in February and at first I didn't understand why, but after months of not talking to him or seeing each other, I've had had some painful realizations. Him and I were friends before we got together and I realized that I really fucked up with him.

I did some growing up this past year and I really fucked up with him, my family and other people, but him especially. I'm not trying to get back with him (no way) , but I really want to take ownership for how badly I treated him. It's so rare for me to want to reconcile with people, but he's that person I want in my life, even if we're not dating because I knew he loved and cared about me and vice versa, and I took him for granted. I don't expect him to forgive me or be okay with me, but I feel the best way I can get this chip off of my shoulder is by coming clean. I can be at peace with myself, and quite frankly, I miss him. I miss his smile and laugh and positive demeanor...
Say sorry!
I wouldn't say anything. .-.
GirlGuy
Should I tell my Ex I'm sorry? And how?
4
1