Should I tell my Ex I'm sorry? And how?

My ex broke up with me back in February and at first I didn't understand why, but after months of not talking to him or seeing each other, I've had had some painful realizations. Him and I were friends before we got together and I realized that I really fucked up with him.

I did some growing up this past year and I really fucked up with him, my family and other people, but him especially. I'm not trying to get back with him (no way) , but I really want to take ownership for how badly I treated him. It's so rare for me to want to reconcile with people, but he's that person I want in my life, even if we're not dating because I knew he loved and cared about me and vice versa, and I took him for granted. I don't expect him to forgive me or be okay with me, but I feel the best way I can get this chip off of my shoulder is by coming clean. I can be at peace with myself, and quite frankly, I miss him. I miss his smile and laugh and positive demeanor...

• Say sorry!
  • I wouldn't say anything. .-.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, an apology has to be said, if a person is regretful and you certainly are. It's a sign of good faith, no matter whether he says "ok" to get rid of you, actually forgives you, or go batsh*t crazy about you texting him again. It shows your quality, in the first place. My ex friend apologized to me 1.5 years after our breakup and it was the warmest thing I've ever heard from her, so yeah, totally worth it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should talk to your ex and let him know how you feel

What Guys Said 3

• I mean if it helps you to get it off your chest, then yeah go for it.

• oh yeah, how, ahh like a nice text message or something should do.

• Agreed! Let him know how you feel! Take responsibility for your actions! That's the adult thing to do!

• It's always best to admit your failure to the other person... If not for the relationship at least for your conscience. Kinda like redemption...

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!