What does it mean when a guy says, "I should have just cheated on you"?

I've always been a faithful wife to my husband but today in an argument he said "he wishes he was hiding something fro me" and "He wishes he would have just cheated on me" would this be grounds for a divorce or separation? I'm really angry and hurt. I don't know what to do?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• What the hell is going through your husband's mind jfc. anyways in the US you can file for either fault divorce or no-fault. depending on the state, a fault divorce means one of you had an affair, is cruel, gay, impotent without telling you before the marriage, etc. no fault is generally easier because many states don't require a reason if one person says the marriage is irreparable or if there just isn't a reason st all and both parties agree.
    He shouldn't threaten you with him cheating or wanting you to feel manipulated. that's a shitty thing to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can mean he is cheating on you. So that if ever you catch him cheating he can say “ oh but I had already told u “

What Guys Said 2

• Meaning he is sure he can get better than you

• Male ego. Just male ego , nothing else

What Girls Said 1

• It means, he was really really angry.