Guys, what do you mean when you break up with a girl and say “it’s not you it’s me”?

314

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that you did absolutely nothing wrong. The guy is breaking up for their own personal reasons, of which are not caused by you. So don't blame yourself for the break-up.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means they’re lying. It’s the same when a girl says it. We’re breaking up with you and it’s you. You didn’t necessarily do anything wrong, but we just don’t like you enough to keep dating you.

What Guys Said 13

• he means that he doesn't feel like you deserve him. or he doesn't feel up to telling you what he doesn't like about you. in any case, dont feel too sorry for him, because he usually is right in not deserving you.

• It means it's you but theyre to chicken shit to tell you why

• It means it's not your fault we're breaking up.

Maybe he has a lot going on. You're a good catch but he's not into you so he's beating himself up about it

• It means he doesn't like you anymore.

• It's you

• He made the mistake of tricking himself thinking they where interested in the girl.

• Its his way of letting you down nicely. I can elaborate if you want

• I have no idea usually the girl dumps me

• It means nothing really ur just broken up

• Nothing, it's a cop-out. Move on

• normally its an excuse and really its u in their opinion. Or they think u deserve better

• “It’s not you it’s me” is the most common lie told in the dating world. 100% of most of the time.

• I'm going to be one hundred percent honest. It's usually just a cop out or a way of trying to let you down easy. SOMETIMES it can actually mean that it isn't your fault, that something is wrong with them or the current situation.

What Girls Said 2

• He wants to make you feel less hurt and tries to tell you there is nothing wrong with you and that's not the reason of your break up.

• You did nothing wrong, but you're wrong for him.
    Basically he just doesn't like you that anymore