I can't understand why he doesn't care/2 year relationship breakup?

We were long distance for almost 2 years. After our 1 year he became more and more absent, to the point i called him like crazy and not once did he pick up or call back and i decided it was over without saying. I did everything i could for this relationship to work out and he didn't appreciate me or care about me. I dont understand why he dated me in the first place if our 2 years meant nothing to him. I feel like such a big idiot and i dont know how to cope bc i thought he was the love of my life and he said the same to me. I need clarity but i know he won't give it to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love sweety, is just a word... What truly matters is the CONNECTION. And what you would do or give up to maintain that connection that you believe defines the word love. Simple enough is... You can create a great connection with anyone if you really try. But on the same hand you can also lose a connection that defines that love if you choose not to work on it any longer... On his side. Maybe he connected with another. You have to ask him. Not us.

• Hi you're absolutely right i totally get what you're saying thank you but he said there was no one else and i believe him his lifestyle and also the way i met him, he's not the kind of guy to meet a random girl and persue her.

• You have to remember what love is. Don't dwell on something that doesn't move you forward. It's YOUR relationship. Take control. There's 7 billion people on this planet... Go build something great. NO matter the sex or weight or gender... You deserve happiness. Not to be lost wondering what's up and down.

What Guys Said 5

• Falling in love is easy... maintaining difficult.
    First few months or years of a relationship will be exciting and after that honeymoon period , only real love can prosper.
    Here may be he have his own reasons or you may have done something that changed his mind.

• I am sorry. I mean to convey it to you in least complex way possible.
    I’d say in the first place , you were his need not his eternal love. At times in ldr’s people , are emotionally there but still the physical absence gives space for new entrants.
    Maybe he got someone closer fulfilling his need and you did nothing wrong so he does not know how to man up and talk to you.

Please don’t get confused it wasn’t the love of your life , life is better and with more beautiful things to come ahead.
    Your sincerity deserves better. Let it slip darl , bothering with it will not help you reaching any conclusive point.

• If there was someone else, itd make more sense of things but there was not. you're right i know he wasn't not of my entire life anyway, just young adulthood. Thank you

• Cheers.. keep smiling. And good luck ahead for the future.

• Might be bored

• And you think i wasn't bored with the same excuses? Girls can feel the same way as guys but they just won't let the other one suffet bc of their mood

• Sorry. And i wish i could if hed appeciate me and take me seriously, id gladly move on but all my boyfriends have had this issue. So im unconfident there is such a man for me

• Great then love yourself

• I want breakup with a i want not do that

What Girls Said 3

• Some people just as assholes and it has no reflection of you. You're allowed to feel these things however don't let is consume you, it's not worth it.

• That’s really weird. I’m sorry that happened. Maybe he just lost interest.

• He was using you... You was just h time pass for him and now he will find someone else... You just move on and stop thinking about him

• With the intention of what? What makes the difference of me and some other girl? Just to pass time? there's always a goal of some sort with every encounter that becomes an exchange of emotions, socializing, intimacy, or spoling of any kind. Thats what i want to know, how was he using me?

• Look he just want to spend some time with u but then he get boored or his interest in u become less... There can be many reasons for this... And only he knew that... But u just stop thinking about him because it will only disturb u and dont let u move on... Ignore him if he really loves u then he will come back to u surely