I'm scared I'm going to end up alone and I don't know what to do.

I always knew how to get a guy hooked. I know guys very well and I've always been able to tell who's a player and who's genuine. I know guys so well to the point that it seems like I'm a guy trapped in a girls body. But as I'm doing all this, I'm always in the mind set that a guy is going to play me. I know it's not the most important thing in the world, but I'm nearly 21 years old and I've never been in a relationship. I'm very confident in myself, I'm very attractive, and I have a good personality... so I don't think there's something wrong with me. Almost everyone that I know that's married has gotten divorced and every relationship I see, I think is phony and it's doomed to fail. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm seriously terrified that I'm going to end up alone in my life and I don't want that.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

11

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you are suffering from approach-avoidance. You can get guys hooked but then you back off because of fear of being played. Then you're lonely and you repeat the cycle.

Sometimes getting into a good relationship means you have to be willing to make yourself vulnerable. Yes it's a risk, but without risk there is no reward.

What Girls Said 1

• I think something happened to you or someone really close to you in the past and that's why you're scared. You need step up your game. If you find a guy you really like, go for it! Who knows, he may like you back. Don't be afraid. It almost seems as if you're afraid to commit, no matter if it's only a short time thing. You said you were attractive with a good personality, then guys probably do like you. Some relationships, like your friends who have gotten divorced, don't work. That doesn't mean any of your relationships won't work. I also think your eyes are playing tricks on you. Your eyes think every relationship you see is phony and doomed to fail, because your mind is set that way. Get your mind off all the failures of other people's relationships and focus on the ones that have a good chance of surviving. I hoped I helped!