Is it okay to say you are divorced on your first date?

420

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been honest and it's worked for me. Being newly divorced.. so yes sooner you get it out of the way the better.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't bring it up unless the topic came up, but it's up to you

What Guys Said 19

• Honestly, I have been thinking about that as well.
    Slightly different since my wife died recently. But it is a thought that worries me about potential future relationships.

• I get a little offended when someone mentions past relationships on the first date. Its supposed to get to know each other, not the exes. I am perfectly fine with talking about it on the third or fourth date. Maybe I am just weird

• If the conversation about relationship status comes up, it makes sense to inform.

• I believe in honesty and transparency. I think it's a good thing to give an outline on a date of what you are. I don't see it's anything wrong.

• Not only ok, but almost expected. Would be really weird if that came out later on...

• Yes. It's better to be frank

• If asked, yes.

• No, I probably shouldn't say that since I was never married.

• But to answer that question, yes. In fact that's important and something I would want to know up front before I were to date someone, and that is assuming I dated anyone in the first place.

• Yes. Gotta provide your date with relevant information so that they can make an informed decision.

• Why not if he takes it in the right spirit

• Totaly normal

• Yes it is, wats wrong in it?

• Being honest is the best dating policy.

• Well, are you?

• Don't say anything about that until u know the person because he will not take u sireously

• Keep it 💯 if she or he is cool with your truth factor. Then that a plus.

• I think it is absolutely okay if you say it at the right time and not immediately at the greeting.

• Yeah, I think they should know that before meeting you actually

• I wouldn’t say shit even when women ask I lie. I think it’s rude to ask since it’s none of their business.
    It’s an irrelevant detail

What Girls Said 3

• I think you should wait until you've gone on a few more dates with a girl before you tell her that, since its such a personal thing. When she gets to know you better, then you can tell her and explain why it didn't work out.

• There should be no hidden surprises. Say you dated a person and divorce matters a lot to you. You get attached to that person and later find out they've been divorced. Then the dynamics of the relationship changes because now you feel different about the situation. It's important to be up front.

• I don't know about others coz I say it loud n clear 😊

• Absolutely. The best relationships are built on open communication.