Why is my ex doing this?

My ex and I have been broken up for almost 2 weeks now and I have not contacted him, as we have broken up before and I usually give in and text him and that is how we start talking again. But this time I am not going to give him that because thats what he expects... But he has been posting snap chats of a girl he knows that I don't like, and liking tweets about being into someone. As well as liking tweets about missing ex's and "you will always mean something to me no matter what" and "drugs and alcohol can kill you, but so does loving someone"... so it seems like he misses me. But at the same time has liked tweets about moving on and letting go and letting go of toxic people.. and I just want to know why the back and frothiness. Is he trying to get me to talk to him?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• If he knows you can see this then he's using it as a way of getting your attention. It is very. Very difficult for him to understand you can't keep giving in.

The one thing that really. Really does work is that you have to show your moving on. Even if you are not and it's just to show him you don't need him. If he can see some of your stuff start liking some guys statuses or pictures or even text a guy and make sure he can see it. If he does really like you he will be back in minutes or seconds trying to get you back because he will feel like you really are moving on but when he tries to get you back even after him seeing this still say no its over and ignore him for a day or a few hours. Only after that period of time calmly talk to him and he surely will give in

• I have been trying to show him that I don't care anymore or that I'm attempting to move on, I am doing really good at pretending that that is how I feel. He can see my stuff as well, which I believe he looks at it... to see what I'm doing... or who I am with. How long do you think it is gonna take for him to come back tho? He is SUPER stubborn.

• He will always miss you its just some days he will feel no need to message you but he will think about you. I'm not exactly sure why he keeps leaving. Would you prefer i dmed or add you for further help as I've been though something very similar

• yes please! that would help me so so much

Most Helpful Girl

• Im going through a break up too and yes my ex and i have been playing mind games. This is natural and isn't planned. You have to realize as well as me that your ex is not immediately in a plan to make you feel like shit bc it mostly means they feel like shit for losing you. So they do stuff like that. One day theyre happily single like me. And then there's nights i cry myself to sleep bc i lost my person. Emotions dont make sense in the moment. Only time and active behavior, is the real truth teller. Do what you need to do to be at peace. It may be crazy it may put you backwards, but all in all, a breakup is so you understand why you can't be together. So if you dont understand yet, go with the games cause everyone gets tired and learns the hard way. Only human

• Thank you so so much for that, I really needed to hear this, well another thing is that we have been back and forth because he moved because of school which has been very confusing and hard for us. But the games do set me back and really confuse me and gets so stressful. But as well is the same thing where some days I will be fine and some days I just want to cry and talk to him

• Absolutely! :( its like what do i do then? I guess just appreciate myself until someone else will too. Stay real close to family and friends through these holidays 💜 make it fun and fullfilled without a guy

• Exactly, spend time loving every ounce of yourself, and soon enough you will find someone who loves every ounce of you too! and as well for you! Family comes first anyways <3

What Guys Said 3

• Overthinking and stalking are bad for you. Trust me, those moves are professional and he is most likley banging several chicks. Ignore him and stop being a tool.

• Yes absolutely he is if you want him back take him back but if you don't want to get back together stand your ground

• I do want him back, but I just want him to finally realize like he can't just have me whenever he wants

• Well sit him down and be as serious as possible and tell him that.

• But we aren't talking right now:/

• Yes he is... but all he really wants is attention

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!