What was your instant reaction when your bf/gf announced you the the end of your relationship?

• Anger
  • Sadness
  • Convincing your ex not to break up
    Vote C
  • No reaction
    Vote D

1719

What Guys Said 19

• I didn't handle it quite right. All of my breakups. One I just let go when she moved because someone else was super interested in me.. another had been trying to get rid of me. Another I scheduled just the summer with and broke up at the end of it without much further talk.. another two dumped me because of a caring relationship with a previous girlfriend.. dependability and loyalty don't stop a gal from dumping you. Also one wanted to be closer to Jesus when I reintroduced her to church.. the one that my parents disapproved of ended up with 2years of not talking with parents and the gal.

It's devistating.. depression and all kinds of badness...

• I already knew our relationship was going nowhere, thus I didn't mourn long about it.

• Anger because of how she went about it. If she had been honest with me upfront I could have taken it with some disappointment, but otherwise moved on.

• We had a drink together and then she had the bedroom and I slept on the couch. We were on the outs & were staying together for our daughters sake only.

• I guess most of the time we can see that coming... the relationship starts getting stale and you know that sooner or later you'll break up... of course, you feel sad in the first days.

• I've never been dumped.

• Crying that put my health at risk from dehydration, tears galore, impossible to stop, ohh so galore :'(

• State the obvious much

• Fear.

• Usually disbelief more than anything. For example, thinking they're just mad and it'll all settle down a little while later. Then the reality of it starts to set in.

• All your effort got wasted and abused

• None of the above. I was so happy to get rid of that woman haha

• Anger. She gave me entirely the wrong impression and I wasn't happy about it.

• You forgot relief.

• Dissapointed and letdown. Abandoned maybe. And lied to about the promised we made.

Later on I see the circumstances from both sides and understand more. It takes two to make it work and two to end it.

• Darkness in front of my eyes.

• Compelling someone is something I wouldn't do

• Relief

• Sad and try convincing not to

What Girls Said 17

• I used to be far less forward than I am now with break ups. Like in high school I didn't want to be the one to be the "bad guy" in the break up so I'd be a total bitch and make guys break up with me, obviously not awesome on my part. So when they'd break up with me I was really happy and relieved to be done with it.
    I don't think I've ever been broken up with though beyond making those few guys dump me.
    There have been a few times I broke up with them and it broke my heart. One guy was especially difficult, if I believe there was one person in the world for each of us I'd say he was "the one". Leaving him hurt me so bad to the point I didn't eat or sleep then finally all I wanted to do was sleep, it got really bad before I snapped out of it.
    For years after ending it I still thought of him daily, little things would remind me of him or something funny would happen and I'd go to tell him but then remember I shouldn't.

• Why did you want to break up with someone you thought is "the one" for you?

• @Butterfly_ch The situation we were in wasn't working for me. It wasn't that I didn't love him and he didn't do anything wrong to cause the break up. It was a distance thing and I just couldn't do it anymore.

• Definitely saddeness, followed by anger and than realising that it was for the best.

• I've never been on the receiving side of that announcement. Always the announcing side.

My ex absolutely flew off the handle with aggression and anger and he started attacking our (my) friends. Which is the reason why I dumped him in the first place.

• I've never been dumped. Hell, now that I think about it, I've never even gotten so much as a temporary cold shoulder.
    ... Despite being literally, clinically, insane.

Hm.

• Whenever he does I feel Sad, but i never try to convince him not to break up, because I know he will come back as he always does lel. We break up every month

• Sadness and shock

• Confusion, then sadness

• I broke up with my last boyfriend, but I was hurt none the less. I had found out he cheated on me with someone I thought was a friend.

• I've never had someone break up with me, but once a guy sort of ghosted me until I broke up with him. At first I felt nothing but then I got super sad. Eventually I got over it.

• I have no clue... its always me who's dumped them... but not until they broke my trust n killed love fr them.

• Tears rolled down my cheeks.

• It broke my heart

• About fucking time you realised. I practically told him that.

• Sadness... an emptiness in my stomach... tears. Anger came much later

• Wishing that I could take back what I had said

• I just said "ok" and walked away.

• No reaction