Was I too cruel?

My ex of 5 months dumped me saying he wasn't ready for a relationship. I told him that I had doubts about this relationship so I guess it worked out. I then said it's not like I'll be heartbroken or anything so it's fine. I also blocked him on ig right afterwards. I've now been doing no contact for a little more than 1 week. I'm just wondering if my statement was too cruel and would he never contact me again because of what I said?

17

What Guys Said 7

• It was cruel because, I assume, it was not true. At least in part.
    I imagine that he will make his own mind up as to whether he contacts you again, regardless of what you said.

• Maybe a little cutting, or thoughtless; but if you were being honest then that counts for something. A good rule is: if you have second thoughts about how you handled a situation, you probably regret at least a part of your handling of that situation.

Odds are he'd not be a fan of hearing from you again; but if you find yourself feeling the need to reiterate what you said with a bit more sensitivity, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

• ahh what do you mean?
    you do mean those comments right?

• I think the worst thing you can do is ghost him, in the sense that you pretend he doesn’t exist... Honestly, what he was trying to do was probably hard for him - if he really did love you, he wouldn’t want to play you along - it wasn’t like it was a one-night-stand... you guys had something and to act like it never happened or that you don’t care doesn’t actually help anyone.

The mere fact you are still thinking about it means you do care! I’m not saying you have to be best friends but be truly open about how you feel

• Yes. I don't think it was necessary for you to get upset with him, even if your emotions made you feel that way.

• Not, mean seems standard,

• Was what you said true or were you trying to hurt him?

What Girls Said 1

• The way I look at things is that it's better just to be like "I didn't like how I did that. I want to do better next time" and then just let things go with that person.