Am I a bad person for wanting her to suffer?

I've recently ended a 4 year long serious relationship, I'm not posting anything online whatsoever, not meeting up with friends as much as usual. I keep myself busy with work. Basically my ex hardly know that I'm still alive. Keeps posting photos and hanging out like nothing happened. Our relationship is doomed actually but I feel bitter that she's so much indifferent. Am I bad for wanting her to miss me and grief over our relationship even shortly?

14

What Girls Said 1

• I'm going to guess that she's hurting, but doesn't want you to know, or is maybe trying to act like everything is fine just to spite you. Again, this is just a guess.

I don't think that makes you a bad person, I agree with the other commentors that your feelings are pretty natural. You want her to show some feeling of hurt after something you both once treasured just didn't work, and she's not at the moment. I can understand how that would be frustrating.

*cue that one person who rolls in and says "you're 17 you know nothing"*

What Guys Said 4

• Not bad for you to want to know that she's struggling with the breakup. She probably is suffering but is keeping up appearances as we all do.

But if you really are bitter, the best revenge is to be happy without them, as you seem to be experiencing now

• No, it’s natural and biological. She’s most certainly feeling the same way but won’t show it.

• No, it's natural.

• You can call yourself the devil.