Was breaking up with him a mistake?

i broke up with my boyfriend of four months yesterday. he was perfect to me. he loved me with everything he had. he brought me on dates, made me laugh, bought me nice things, loved me for who I was, cared more for my happiness than his own, and would have done anything for me. he was my best friend. we were together 24/7. his entire universe circled around me and I don't know if I want to be that important to someone. I needed space. I felt like I was becoming this permanent part of someone else and I was losing my own self in the process. he was perfect to me, and I broke up with him and crushed his heart. he probably hates me now. I really do love him, and I don't think I could ever find someone who would treat me better than him. the reason I had for breaking up with him was because I didn't feel the romance or the sparks anymore. maybe the honeymoon stage of the relationship was just over, and the real part was just starting. towards the end all I did was find reasons to not like him, and I overlooked all the great things about him. I really wasn't giving it my all. my head and my heart fought about this for a long time. my head knows he's perfect and I can't get better than that, but my heart felt like I should be feeling some magic or something, which left me wondering if he is really the one for me. maybe magic feeling don't automatically happen and you have to work toward it. maybe loves not like in the movies where your heart skips a beat every time you kiss. maybe its more of being comfortable together, trusting each other, and knowing they have your best interest at heart. I don't know, now that I've done it, I keep feeling like I made a mistake.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• You are one of the types of girls out there that wish for a guy that will do many things for you, find one and then dump him because "deep down" you feel that something is "missing" or you didn't have a challenge and things were too perfect for you that you thought something was "wrong". You even said that all you did was find reasons not to like him and that's just garbage. So now you will run into guys that will not respect you, treat you like crap, not do anything, and you will keep going back for more. You put up a wall instead of just going with the flow. Instead of wasting a guys time next time, just tell him to treat you like crap, use you for sex, lie to you, cheat on you, and disrespect you because deep down you can't handle a good man. Men do this crap too, but when men do it they are called pigs, dogs, insensitive, and they "lead girls on". I understand that no one can force love, but if you put up a block to begin with no good man has a chance. By the way, they good guys become the bad guys eventually because of this. They do all the good things right and they just get dumped for no reason. It starts with the girls treating the guys wrong at a young age, then guys wake up and realize that treating a woman good is never the way to keep a relationship. So live it up...

What Guys Said 1

• can you add me ?

What Girls Said 1

• It seems that deep down in your heart, you knew he wasn't what you were looking for. Believe me, I understand how easy it is to make a decision like this and then dwell on all of the happy moments and sweet things that he did for you, to the point that you begin to doubt yourself. The truth is, doing sweet things and showing how much he cares is great, but those acts cannot make the wrong guy "right" for you, and they can't make you feel something you don't.

In the end though, your heart will tell you if your decision was right. I'm not sure how recently you broke up with him, but give it a week or so and see if you still feel the same way. You should read this article, I have found it very helpful in the past:

link