The blindsided break up - calling all cowards. How do stop caring for someone so quickly?

My ex broke up with me last week after a fun loving, serious relationship. He wanted the whole thing. Babies, house, savings, holidays.. that's all he ever spoke about. We had just started living together, moving into a new home shortly, taking a months holiday overseas together, and out of the blue, he says that he thought about for a day and his heart isn't in it anymore, he doesn't want to put in work that a relationship requires, and that he only wants to focus on making himself happy. I haven't spoken to him since that day, and he has now blocked me on Instagram, changed his profile to public and deleted all of our photos. Prior to our relationship, his social media looked the same way, and I believe he used it to get gratification. I was a very supportive girlfriend, and never restricted him, in anything. I'm struggling now to understand how I'm already a memory and he is moving forward, when I'm just trying to find my feet again. Boys, help! How can someone change like that?

06

What Guys Said 6

• So a couple of different possibilities... One he was gay and couldn't keep up the like or recently found out he was gay. Two, he wanted all the things he talked about, but realized he didn't want them with you. Three, he thought that's what he wanted because that's the "ideal" thing society generally achieves for. Then he thought about what he actually wanted and realize he was talking about a dream that wasn't his. Four, maybe an ex he was still in love with came back into his life. And the final thing I can think of is him having some sort of mid life crisis.

• Thinking he just wanted the life of a relationship and the life of a Bachelor and couldn't have them all. Just don't know how that switch triggers in someone's head

• For some it's an "ah-ha" moment.

• Yeah SOMETHING ain't right I mean to go from living together to see ya hit the bricks my guess is there is someone else and it may not be a woman maybe he's so very conflicted in his own ways internally and maybe has just began to come to terms with it or maybe he's accepted who he is and needs to have time to find himself I mean you foot go from wanting it all to GOODBYE is let him go he's DEFINITELY NOT OK WITH being with you and i know that REALLY REALLY SUCKS but better you find out now then 10 years and 2 or 3 kids down the road. Or I could be wrong just somethings for you to consider as you need to protect yourself. Good luck to you sweetheart

• I don't think there is anyone else, I'm confident about that. Tell you what jack I wish there was so I could stop thinking that there is something wrong me. Better now than down the track, couldn't agree more mate. Just sucks because it's like something just switched. Thanks for the luck

• Glad I could help sweetheart lemme know how out works out for you and if you need just drop me a message private ok

• Start caring for yourself

• Sounds like he has somebody else. Or you missed what he really felt in your relationship, sounds a bit weird, from 100% to 0 in one moment, without any signs?

• Couldn't have had anyone, we lived together.. confidently didn't miss anything. Was telling me days before he 'didn't know what he would do with out me' and telling me 'he couldn't believe falling more and more in love everyday'. He often spoke about ridiculous ideas of grandeur, wanting to see his friends, wanting expensive things, but also wanting children and families. The only sign that was concerning is that maybe he realised he couldn't have it all at once

• Have a feeling now that all the truths are coming out, that he probably didn't.. I think he may have done this to all of them. I think this may be his pattern

• Yeah could be also all lies he just told because you wanted to hear it

• He just lost that loving feeling or during his meditation he realized he never actually loved you.

• I don't know there.. even until the 11th hour, he was so beautiful to me. Intimately, romantically, even through messages. The day before, he made me come and choose a new mattress for our new home

• Maybe you are so right. He had everyone fooled. Our friends, both families, mostly myself

• Have a friend who had his wife walk out on him with no explanation

• Sounds like he was never into it just told u what u wanna hear! U definitely dodged a bullet there marriage etc wouldve been a disaster so try to move on..

What Girls Said 0