Is it fair to tell the ex what they could of had?

I had to meet my ex after a year of being apart and not talking to pick something up. Is it normal that a guy or girl would tell you what your missing out on or what you would of had if you stayed?

111

What Guys Said 11

• No that's not normal, that's pure bragging with those intention in mind.

You're not trying to catch up with an ex, but rather just make him jealous over his "Loss", which is very selfish and petty.

• My ex just did it to me.. he told me he made enough money i could of not work.. ans how we could of had 2 kids by now

• Its just weird because he then started telling me rhat i can't date young i like older men.. he said I remember when i told ur mom i was older..

• Yeah he actually created a second linkedin profile because i blocked his other one.. he was googling me

• One can say what they want, but if they were the cause for the split, it's just done in spite to make you regret you didn't stay in an otherwise horrible relationship. It ended for a reason, and nothing they could offer now would be worth how things were, and I'd throw that back in their face ad turned, showed em what they could kiss, and walked out.

• That is true.. he wanted to help me get into his company and help me with some stuff with school work.. but im declining the offer

• That's good, be successful in your own way. It's more gratifying

• Nope... not unless you just want to be that asshole that wants to make people feel like shit because you do.

• Thank you so much. I appreciate at it

• I hope I helped at least a little bit. Good luck.

• If somebody tells you that, then that means they've been thinking about you the whole time. They may have even been taking part in activities that they knew would be something interesting to you just for that one chance to get you gelous or interested in him again but also tends to have the opposite effect. When somebody says " if you were with me you would have had..."it's kind of an eye roller it makes that person a little pathetic

• It made me want a relationship with him.. and he said he would think about if.. then he kissed me and then was cold..

• We all seem to want what we can't have.. its a shitty trick our brains play on us. So i do understand

• But pining for someone will only make him less interested. He will kinda keep the idea of you in his back pocket in case his relationship hits the skids. But even then he will have one for outside your relationship. YOU deserve more. I dont care of he is a Greek God. You need to find true love. It will happen if you just stop looking. And write him off. One day he will not even register in your memories.

• Leave it alone. Nothing good can come from saying anything.

• Well my ex did this to me.. he told me he made enough money i could of not work.. ans how we could of had 2 kids by now

• Exactly, nothing good can come from it. All it does is try and hurt you. Doesn't change anything for the better.

• They are bitter, and are trying to hurt you. On the flip side they may want you back. Yes to your question that is normal.

• To an extent. Don't make a huge deal out of it though.

• How long was this message? A sentence, a paragraph?

• Depending on how the went about telling you I guess but if you where successful and they weren't you'd want to say something just to rub it in a little maybe

• Tell me does he really of seemed to have a income of about £50,000 a year ( about the cash of two working people )
      And you could of had two kids with anyone
      Do you even want two kids right now?
      He's a ex for a reason and sounds like prick tbh

• It's spiteful, petty and a total dick move.

• My ex just did it to me.. he told me he made enough money i could of not work.. ans how we could of had 2 kids by now.. like im still in shocked he said that

• Well it sounds like breaking up was a good thing as you know how nasty and egotistical he's become.

• Thats a little petty dontcha think

• I mean you can tell him how things are going in your life but the way you put it it seems like you want to brag and talk shit

• Oh well ur ex is petty af 😂

• tell him if he didn’t make 7 digits it’s not enough.

• I don't think it's worth it ;)

• He also wanted to help me get a job at his company and help me with school work..

• But he also kissed me

What Girls Said 1

• That's petty and looks worse on u

• So since my ex told me he made enough money i could of not work.. ans how we could of had 2 kids by now