Should I Change This?

Well I'm in a really good relationship at the moment and I'm friends with my ex. My current partner has accepted the friendship but I still feel I love my ex. I wouldn't ever leave my partner for my ex I learned my lesson with her but I do love my ex and we're forming a really good friendship I just want to know should I keep having a good relationship with my ex or not?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• This is from my own experience only.. so don't get upset if you don't agree with what I have to say. Personally, it isn't good to have a friendship with an ex... especially when you are in a relationship and one that is "good" as you say. You can be on friendly terms but in the end it just messes stuff up.

Of course you still love your ex. You don't just stop loving someone you've been with. However, the love isn't the same (unless you still love her/him in that way, then you haven't gotten over her/him and it isn't fair to your current partner to be with them while you have unresolved feelings).

I've seen too many friends stay friends with exes and the next thing you know.. they sleep together (while they are in a different relationship). I am not saying that is what is going on. Because not every situation is different.

My suggestion to you is ask your partner what would make them feel comfortable. I mean, it is ya'lls relationship. Would you want your partner to be friends with an ex they still loved?

What Girls Said 1

• just make sure that both of you set boundaries. you are really lucky that you have a trusting girlfriend. don't jeopardize that. make sure that you and your ex are at a friendly level. everything should work out.

What Guys Said 1

• relationships with and ex can stop you from moving on or tempted to get into a friends with benefits realtionship etc