My significant other said that he doesn't want to talk to me anymore what does this mean?

Anonymous
i have been seeing this guy for a year and a half and we have talked every single day all day for a year and a half. We hung out every couple weeks and our hangouts were long and we always had a great time together. Two weeks ago I told him that what we had isn't really working out and that I wanted to be friends because I didn't want to fully loose him from my life and he seemed hurt by it but said okay. The next day he asked me to hangout and I agreed but said I don't want anything sexual he talked to me and kept saying he was sorry and that he misses me and doesn't want to lose me as friend and all this stuff said he really cared about me I bought it. A week ago we hung out again and I told him I was coming over as friends and didn't want to have sex with him he said okay and respected it the first part of the hangout. Then he kissed me and initiated it I didn't want it. Our hangout was good tho and fun for the most part. A few days later we had an argument and we were arguing. The next day he text me and said he didn't want to talk to me anymore that he was finished. I tried texting him that night and he didn't answer so I tried talking to him ag work. I found out that he kissed another girl and I was so upset so I confronted him about it and he said leave me alone and walked away and ignored me. I kept trying to talk to him and he kept ignoring me. The next afternoon he said leave me alone just please leave me alone. Does it mean to give him space and said that because he was angry or said that because he was angry? I really care about him and still want him in my life my heart is broken as someone who said they cared about me did this to me. Do you think he'll come back?
3
2