My significant other said that he doesn't want to talk to me anymore what does this mean?

i have been seeing this guy for a year and a half and we have talked every single day all day for a year and a half. We hung out every couple weeks and our hangouts were long and we always had a great time together. Two weeks ago I told him that what we had isn't really working out and that I wanted to be friends because I didn't want to fully loose him from my life and he seemed hurt by it but said okay. The next day he asked me to hangout and I agreed but said I don't want anything sexual he talked to me and kept saying he was sorry and that he misses me and doesn't want to lose me as friend and all this stuff said he really cared about me I bought it. A week ago we hung out again and I told him I was coming over as friends and didn't want to have sex with him he said okay and respected it the first part of the hangout. Then he kissed me and initiated it I didn't want it. Our hangout was good tho and fun for the most part. A few days later we had an argument and we were arguing. The next day he text me and said he didn't want to talk to me anymore that he was finished. I tried texting him that night and he didn't answer so I tried talking to him ag work. I found out that he kissed another girl and I was so upset so I confronted him about it and he said leave me alone and walked away and ignored me. I kept trying to talk to him and he kept ignoring me. The next afternoon he said leave me alone just please leave me alone. Does it mean to give him space and said that because he was angry or said that because he was angry? I really care about him and still want him in my life my heart is broken as someone who said they cared about me did this to me. Do you think he'll come back?

23

What Guys Said 3

• Did this to you? You split up with him, get over yourself

• Then he begged for me back a day later and asked me to hangout twice in that week then broke up with me after an argument

• He kissed someone, she prob did. more too

• And he kissed an engaged woman so that's why I'm confused there not getting together

• I dunno, it sounds kinda like he's trying to move on. I think he just wants to be left alone.

• So you don't think that he still has feelings for me or will come back?

• Don't try really hard to keep out of his way or not talk to him, that will just make things even worse. But don't spend time worrying about him. The best advice I can give you is to keep busy. Watch movies, listen to music, go out with friends, take up a new hobby, and so on.

• Just one more thing is I guess I've had hope because he said he was done so many times and so have I and like a week later we're back together everytime but he never said to leave him alone before

• If he told you to leave him alone. Leave him alone. It's harassment, if you continue

• I know I just wanted to talk to him I didn't mean to it's hard I'm very hurt

What Girls Said 2

• He is hurting. He clearly didn't want your relationship to end but it did and then you wanted him to act as a friend when he still has feelings for you which is already a difficult position to be in. He probably hoped that there would be a chance that you two would get back together, but you said no and rejected his kiss etc. He probably realised then that he could not act in the way that you wanted him to. He cannot be just a friend when he wants more, it is just not possible nor fair on him to ask that of him. Why were you upset that he kissed another girl? You broke it off with him, and told him you didn't want anything with him, you have no right to be upset about him kissing or being with anyone else. He tried to be your friend as you wanted, but it is not possible for him to do so. He wants space and time to get over you properly which is what he needs and is normal after any break up. His feelings for you have to go away if any friendship is possible later down the line. You will have to respect that choice.

• Because he kissed the other girl when we we're still together a couple weeks ago and I was still kissing him then

• Give him some space for a few days and then try again