Loneliness is taking over my life!! I need HELP?

Lately i've been feeling extremely strong feelings of loneliness. I'm still in pain from a traumatic heartbreak i suffered a few years ago, the only one in my family i can talk to is my mom sometimes and i've never really had real friends or boyfriend. All i can think about is how much i miss the guy that broke my heart and it hurts even more when he puts pics up with his now wife on FB and IG, or how much i just want to go back home to my parents.

I've looked up seeing like a shrink just so that i could talk to someone about this, but i don't have the money to pay for it, i'm only a student. Are there any other options for me? i'm in so much pain that i feel it physically in my heart, i'm so incredibly lonely and depressed!

118

What Guys Said 18

• We all have been there dear,
    I know it is painful and I wouldn't even dare to tell you to get over it , because thats not how it works.

You are never alone
    We all are here to support each other, I'm all ears whenever you need after Thursday, cuz I have my law exams, but if you are not comfortable with it I can help you connect with a few ladies here who would be more than happy to help you get the burden and pain off your chest. Don't worry, you are not alone

• I'm sorry you're suffering, but it will pass, there are right comments about keeping yourself busy, activities, even making yourself physically tired by working out or so, be patient and don't give up, but if you think the feeling becomes overwhelming then, yes, counseling is a good idea

• Yea it is hard and lonely when you enter a new chapter in your life, I'm going through the same thing after a break up. I think that you should try to meet people or get to know people better at work/uni or a meetup and start to do things that make you feel a part of a community and you'll soon start feeling better in yourself and have direction in your life.

• Please dont let your past torture your present to ruin your future. As you said it happened years ago. As for help... this is what you should do... first.. write a list of all the things you are not going to mias about that guy and all the things you didn't find good about him. Secondly you need to give your heart the chance to heal... So block him everywhere as the more you see him, the more pain you will feel... Also if you dont do so... You will keep remembering your past with him and it will keep forming a downward spiral for you.. next thing you need is a true friend... A friend who will be there with you through this.. better to have friend of same sex as the friends from opposite sex might give or get out wrong signals...
    Finally reward yourself... Be proud of the fact that you were in a relationship which shows you are not ugly or alone for the rest of your life... Be positive of life... Go out for walks and see the beauty around you... Believe me it helps...

Hope you be well... And dont worey the world is a beautiful place and you will find someone in the future who truly respects and loves you and will always be there for you...

• I seriously feel for you anybody has been to that nose how consumes you completely even though you know it's irrational and it goes on way too long and I just have to tell you that it's not going to go away quickly or abruptly but it does go away and it goes away pretty much completely but it's just time it just takes time and the worst thing you could do is try to force it to go away faster let yourself hurt let yourself feel the pain and as you go through it you'll have days when you don't feel any depression or pain and those days are almost worse because what has happened is you have replaced the feelings for your ex with these feelings of depression and sadness in those moments of sadness become a part of your life and you actually end up missing the sadness and depression for a while as you he'll it sounds weird but it's true

• I was through the same phase , but I have a attitude of working on myself when I face a rejection I feel bad for few weeks then I go back to beast mode of working out, keeping busy and trying to tap on my own potential. There's a saying no one can defeat you unless you give up on yourself. Have faith good luck you'll fair better than your ex.

• Do not be depressed coz life give you experience.. try to think in positive way I to have loneliness but I thought what's the use of thinking in one way... try to think in another way God will help you..! I will pray for you...

• You need to move on badly. At this point its your fault that you're depressed. That was years ago and now he has a wife so that says a lot about him. One thing you should do is block your ex from all social media. Pretend he doesn't exist.

Just focus on yourself and finding what will make you happy. Just experiment with all sorts of different activities.

• Start a yoga class or dancing classes even if you don't like it at first you'll start. Then you'll find new people to talk to. The idea is to start doing something that will get you somewhere where with a group of people doing the same thing. No matter what but try to be something positive

• Im in the same situations as you, except the part of boyfriend.
    all i can say is, find someone mature to talk to about this, or listen to some good songs, that can help you in this

• That is how i have been for a very long time for the same reasons. You will have probably had all the advice i have had. Get out. Do this fo that. Love yourself again. Yeah like that helps. All it does is push you lower. We all know what we have to do but im guessing you dont want to. If you want to talk to someone or just go rarrrrrr all ill say is im here if you want as i know how you feel. My only way of coping is to spend all day everyday on the ps4. Sad i know but its how i feel and cope.

• There are free counseling services available through online, like USC, at your college, or through anti-depression organizations. I suffer the same feeling in a different way. I keep myself busy and always remember that it will get better and finding good friends is the best way.

• Do some activities and keep yourself busy, don't think always about it, life is so much more.

• Meet people online. Talk to them. Share stories. Laugh. Be silly. Enjoy life

• so you have always been single?

• Yes, i've talked to guys and been on dates... but never been in a REAL relationship

• oh I see, and you are like 25, 26?

• I'm 22, almost 23

• If you are a student you can go to your student councilor and talk to them about it

• If you need someone to talk to, I might be able to help. DM me if you'd like.

• I would suggest you start going out a lot. Go to bars and clubs. Let yourself be picked up by any guy who expresses an interest. He will keep you company for a few hours as long as you let him bone you. If you do that enough, you will never have a chance to feel lonely because you will always be with some guy expressing interest in you.

What Girls Said 1

• If you wanna talk about it you can PM me x