Would you go back to your ex if they wanted you back?

My last breakup was very confusing. He told me "I'm not closing any doors but I can't make any promises" as if he's expecting me to wait for him and be on the backburner. Honestly I don't want to wait for him because I don't want to be with someone who is bad at communicating and doesn't know what they want.

What would be your reasons to reject or get back together with an ex?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he's using you as someone to fall back on. Move on, and find someone who doesn't make you scratch your head and wonder who the priority is

3|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I don't really know what the hell it means anyway. I feel hurt by the statement because he literally treated me so well before (like a serious girlfriend). I guess things change?

• Sometimes they change, sometimes they just reveal who they've really been all along. Either way, putting yourself on the line like that in hopes for another change isn't worth the risk.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• No. I don't end a relationship until I know it's hopeless. Once I know that, there's no reason to even think about going back.

2|1
    0|0
  • Very tough call - Most of my breakups happened after a lot of effort to see it through - So facilitate any successful resumption would probably require a lot of change on their part or my part - I don't want to sound bitter because I don't dislike any of my exes but as of now I wouldn't go back

1|0
    0|0
  • The naive part of my mind would love me to accept them back, but the reasonable part of it would make me not to.

Four or so months after my girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me, she said "if you were here now we would still be dating".
    It was one of the times I actually thought of punching a woman in the face.

0|0
    0|0
  • At the moment I would go back with My ex. Not saying you should go back with yours. Don’t wait for him if you don’t want too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I seem to have the same thing like you, except that I just "rejected" her because I didn't get that she was into me, although I seemed to crush on her (which I also showed somehow) anyways after things cooled down again, she started glancing, and after a while I asked her out just because it annoyed me. Then she said she had a boyfriend, but that doesn't even seem to be a thing, since she even stares at me when being around her "boyfriend". She's just weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• his sentence means, "if i can't find someone else, I'll be okay with you to have fun with"
    you really want to be with someone like this?

1|1
    0|0
    • No way. That's what I'm saying.

• yup. find someone who really values that you chose to be with him. 😊

• Well, i feel like the only reason I would get back with an ex is if we broke up mutually because we both felt like we weren’t ready for a relationship. I would get back with him if he feels like he’s ready and I feel like I’m ready for a relationship.
    I would NEVER go back to someone who abused me, cheated on me, lied to me, stole from me etc

2|0
    0|0
  • My ex called me every name under the sun before he begged me to take him back so I never replied to him 🙅 Good on you for not taking any shit from him!

2|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he wants to keep you around as his just in case girl. I think it’s an easy yes or no. If a guy can’t pick one it’s an automatic no for me. I’ve gone back with an ex once. It’s never the same. I put up walls that won’t ever come down.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes you should let an ex stay an ex. I think because the same problems that existed long time ago will repeat itself. yes, it might start off good as like all relationships do. Then, it will sour once again with the same problems before. It probably will be worse. Once in a while an ex get together and things turn out good, but not all the time. Look forward, not backwards. There is a reason why they are an ex. Keep that in the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes