Would you ever date someone with a mental disorder or a eating disorder?

06

What Guys Said 6

• Dating is hard enough as it is. You spend the earlier parts of your relationship trying to “read” the other person; trying to make sure you’re both on the same page. Then, once you’ve passed that phase, it’s on to really getting to know the other person. You know you’re superficially compatible, but what about the important things—values, life goals, political beliefs? Let’s say you care about this person enough to consider spending the rest of your life with them. Then, there are the practical questions to consider, like are you willing to move for said person, or what is said person’s health history? What about his or her mental health history? What do you do when the person you’re falling for is struggling with a condition that’s too complex for even your partner to understand?

Dating someone is a crucial decision. How I can decide? For me complete and legitimate information is must. I can't decide just based on the fact that person is having mental disorder. It depends on the condition of individual.

• Probably, yeah.

• depends, is the disorder managable?

• No, those are dealbreakers.

• I did... unfortunately i have a mental disorder which means getting rejected the second a woman learns about it...

• Yes. It does not define the person. Sometimes times get tough but if you're really into that person it should not matter. You should be there to help them through it

What Girls Said 0