Broke up with boyfriend, and I'm sure he's not going to fight for me. What does that mean?

deveney16
So, let me start by saying that I've only been dating him for 4 months. He's different than the men I normally dated, but my previous relationships weren't successful, so I stepped out of my comfort zone.
Starting out, he began by courting me. He'd plan dates, we'd have a great time, have deep conversations, and just enjoyed each other's company. Took him two weeks to hold my hand, and a month to kiss me. But, it felt right.
About a month after that, we became intimate. However, ever since we had sex, he stopped courting me. I've never fallen so hard for someone before, but I told him 3 months into our relationship that I loved him. I'm not the affectionate type, but he is.
I remember a text message from a girl come across his screen, and he had the need to defend himself about it. That was a red flag for me. He knows I was cheated on, and he and I had a talk that I was worried I was his "side chick" so that's why he felt he needed to explain the text message... to make sure I understood I was his one and only...🤷 I told him I wanted him to continue to court me. I explained that I felt there was a correlation between us having sex and him no longer putting in an effort.
My last draw was, he and I took a week break, because he walked out on me, when I rearranged my schedule and made dinner for him. I felt disrespected and unappreciated, so I took to not see him. I asked him to meet me at the dog park, he said he'd try to make it, and then ghosted me for about 7 hours.
Anywho, I texted him later that night and just ended it. He claims he did nothing wrong... And he hasn't tried reaching out, apologizing, nothing.
I know I deserve better, and I know I have a lot to offer, but I don't understand why men act like that? If they're not happy, why not just say so and end it? It's damaging to women. It hurts like crazy, even when we know it's not our fault.
He told me he loved me, that I meant the world to him, but it's as if it were all a game.
1
0