Can a stubborn man come around?

My ex boyfriend and I were arguing a lot about how I was reacting whenever I don't get my way. Whenever I ask him to do something of my interest like watch a movie, go to a concert, or even museums he doesn't want to do it because it doesn't interest him. In turn, I get upset because I never put up a fight when he wants us to do things of his interests. We keep going in circles about this, often with a "solution" of me being more considerate of not forcing him to do things he doesn't want to do. I've became very resentful of this and clearly shown how upset I was when he does turn me down. He became so fed up that he told me he didn't want to continue our relationship anymore. I was devastated to hear that, but didn't try to convince otherwise. We're broken up now, but I still love him very much and this was our only issue. Will he ever come around or should I just count my losses and move on?

22

What Guys Said 2

• Count your losses, move on, and work on consider what happened. He seemed pretty selfish. But, don't try to combine interests. You should have interests that you happen to share, but if he doesn't share other interests, get a friend to go with you. Don't be bummed if he doesn't want to do SOME things with you. If he doesn't want to do anything except eat, have sex and watch tv together, I hate to say it, but he's not as in love with you as you are with him. If this was your only issue and he was this upset, he may have other issues with you, or he has another love interest, he doesn't want a relationship, or he took an issue like that way too seriously. And you know what, he didn't take your feelings into consideration it seems. At least for now, doesn't have to be forever, walk away, improve your own life, and try to be on the outside looking in. Is it healthy for that girl and that guy to be together? What do they have to do? Is it worth it? Figure that out and go from there, and if you go to start the relationship again, don't put all your eggs in that basket. Keep one foot out the door, ready to run for it.

• It’s over

What Girls Said 2

• He doesn't sound stubborn, he sounds selfish. I'd cut your losses and move on and I think deep down, you know this is the right thing to do. He doesn't truly cherish you if he won't even go to a museum with you to make you happy. You deserve better :)

• I'm going through the same thing except my ex of 2 and a half years told me 2 weeks after he dumped me that he recently started seeing someone else I asked if we can be friends he may be my ex but I still love him deeply for me is is family I don't want to lose Him completely from my life he told me ok D first give me space and I will let you know whether we can be friends or not but everyone keeps telling me to leave Him alone