Why do we always have to take the high road? What good does it do for us?

I always find myself in situations where I end up hurt. I always have tried my best to take the high road, but this time I'm quite sick of it and now I want to hurt this guy who hurt me. I keep wondering, what is the point of taking the high road?

Do you take the high road or do you get back at those who hurt you? Why does it matter? It doesn't seem to have made a difference for me. I find it makes me angry to "go quietly". Everyone always tells me "don't let the other person know how much they hurt you". But why not?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Taking the high road is more for your personal moral sanity. You pride yourself on not being a mean hearted person and always being the righteous one. That being said your going to end up hurt by people who hurt you "by accident". What I mean by that is it's just their nature and half the time they don't realize they hurt you just because that's how they are. The important thing is not to let it effect you. The worst thing you can do is give them the satisfaction that they hurt you, never let them see you sweat because they'll expect it every day. Always take the high road for yourself. Like Batman says "If you kill a murderer the number of murders in the world stays the same"

• 15h

Thanks. I think was really angry that day but this was really helpful. I've been through so much crap and I've always taken the high road. And I've seen so many people act like terrible little children and they always seem to manipulate people to get their way. So I guess it just made me angry. But thanks for this...

• 15h

No worries, usually you can rationalize things once you calm down 😊

• 15h

yuuup

What Guys Said 4

• Either they want to be with me or they don't. It's that simple.

• Life's too short to kiss people's ass, tell them how you really feel.

• ha yah. I'm not kissing his ass, but I'm not sure about telling him how I feel. I think I'm just gonna distance myself and he better not ask me why.

• I just did a quick search, the first site to come up was pantydeal. com

• Sorry, I was responding to something else. How embarrassing

• I think Plato beat you to this point when talking about honest politicians having a disadvantage for principles sake.

• yeah that's why I didn't get into politics.

• Very familiar with this, too familiar.

What Girls Said 2

• i think if you show how hurt you are and come off insane, they'll know they made the right decision in leaving you behind. so exit the situation gracefully.

• but why does it matter if they think that? we're never going to end up together anyway and it's over... why should I care what someone who hurts me thinks? I guess I'm just angry right now and I don't understand :(

• well the assumption is you have pride. if you don't, then by all means, make a mess.

• Me I always get back at them but I don’t let them know I ended up hurt been through it once & I learned my lesson