Why did my ex text me after ignoring me for months?

We broke up (kind of) mutually about a month 1/2 ago (I initiated it but he basically egged me on to do it.) Ever since then we have bumped into eachother a few times since we’re at the same uni, and each time we just ignored eachother. However we recently bumped into eachother on a night out, and that same night at about 5am he sent me a text saying he’d seen me about and hoped I had a good night. He also mentioned seeing me with other guys and asked if I was worried about him seeing me with other people and just started making general conversation. Why would my ex suddenly be talking to me? Is he just being friendly? We only chatted for a bit and then he dropped out of the conversation. I’m so confused.

22

What Guys Said 2

• He doesn't love you he's just trying to play you let yourself get played. Get rekt scrub

• I guess his new girl bumped him and now he is alone.

What Girls Said 2

• He still cares bout you and wants to see if he stands another chance. Thats what i did to my ex anyways.

• Girl, he is not worth it. Move on. If he can't commit, why pay him any attention?