Is it wrong that I am mad at my ex for ruining my life?

We were together almost 6 years. I feel like I sacrificed a lot for the relationship, thinking that we would spend the rest of our lives together. I gave up on pursuing a PhD, as well as having children (as we mutually decided we do not want children). But he broke up with me when I was at a low point in my life, because he couldn't be there for me like I was for him for all those years. I feel like he just threw everything away and now my life is ruined. I'm 31 how and feel like I wasted my time in this relationship. He was selfish to want me to sacrifice so much, only to throw it all away. Is it wrong that I am angry at him for ruining my life?

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound smart, u can always go to school or get that great job, now you know he is big waste of time do t be mad he did you favor was better that having it all and then he trashed it. Find someone has same dreams be happy

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s ok to be angry but can’t put your life on hold and he wasn’t strong enough to be your man.

What Guys Said 10

• It doesn't seem like your life was ruined. Feelings happen too though, the negative ones are best recontextalised as positive learning experiences, and allowed to drop off your radar by not entertaining them. There are so many men out there, and why could having children in this world possibly be a good idea anyway?

• I wouldn't say you life is ruined. It's okay to be upset that you did so much for him and then the bailed on you.

• You can be. But more important is to move on, you're just 31 there is still a lot of time to having a good life. Don't let this dominate your future and life in depression.

• Yes. Ur life is ur responsibility

• Nothing wrong with being angry with him, you got no return on your investment. That having been said, you made your choices, ultimately the loss is due to choice, yours specifically, you could have chosen against making those sacrifices.

• Is having that anger within u doing u any good now?

• Ruining someone's life, a bold accusation, ruin is a strong word

• Well it is the way I feel. I'm the one who made all of the sacrifices in the relationship and for what? I have nothing now.

• Time heals, and you've got a nice chunk of it still, just try to think positive and be patient

• Yes its ok

• Sure its perfectly normal to feel that way.

• At least u didn't waste 8 years of your life with some dumb bitch

What Girls Said 0