What makes a guy cheat/or want to cheat?

Is it because HE is insecure or because he feels the woman he is with is insecure?

35

What Guys Said 5

• Depends. Could be he is just one of those assholes in which case it has nothing to do with her and the relationship he just tries to get sex when ever he thinks he can get it, I would say it has more to do with being apathetic to how it affects others. It could be that he is not getting what he needs from his relationship i. e. if its been a year without sex, which men need to feel intimacy and loved and appreciated, then he may stray outside of the relationship to get it because he loves the girl but he needs that intimacy which she isn't providing for him. So I would say it depends on the situation and the person in question.

• I’m talking more so... verbal cheating. Finding random girls to flirt with on the internet... I should have clarified. what is the point in that?

• out what you want from him and isn't so pissed off that you are not giving him what he needs that he takes the same vindictive attitude that you have thus resulting in none the issues being resolved. Again, if you don't want this relationship to work by all means continue doing what your doing, its already putting a lot of strain on your relationship it will eventually break. BUT if you actually care about it, your going to have to be the bigger person bite the bullet and try and start doing for him what you want him to do for you. You have to give love to receive love. As for you talking to him about it, I'm going to guess it was less talking and more about how he isn't doing what he needs to I. e. more accusing, more angry which of course is not something that endears him to you. When was the last time you whent out together? Has it been awhile, if so plan a date, make it special for him, when you go the restraint or what have you make it a point to sit close to him, let him know

• that you love him, be affectionate (fake it if you have to). have fun be interested in what he has to say (again, fake it if you have to), go home and initiate sex, enjoy it (again, fake it if you have to) then be affectionate afterwards. Next morning be affectionate, cuddle what have you. I can all but guarantee he will be more affectionate back. Think of it this way, why do people love dogs? Because they are always happy to see you, they always want to give you their love, that's what makes them irresistible, that's why we love them. This is no different, you give love, he gives it back, that in turn makes you want to give love back to him which makes him want to give it back. Its a self feeding cycle but when you let that cycle stop (life gets in the way, its understandable) one of you needs to step up and start the cycle again.

• We're not getting the 3 things we need from our woman: Food, nookie, no nagging. If we're getting all of those, no reason to cheat and the risk is minimized.

• Nothing, if he wants to cheat , he will

• I don’t believe it’s “nothing” something has to provoke a guy to cheat. Not all guys cheat...

• Yeah sure it’s depends on the guy if he rude he will cheat

• He gets bored of his partner and wants something/someone new. Doesn't matter how much pretty/confident his current one is.

• But don’t guys realize that the “honeymoon” phase of things ALWAYS goes away? Why keep starting over? Why would they want that?

• It's jut nature. Honeymoon will pass, then they'll find a new one. And another one. And so on until they aren't wanted anymore

• It's not usually because of insecurity. Guys cheat because they are emotionally unsatisfied, and sex usually plays a big role in that. Most women don't understand how important sex is in a man's emotional health.

What Girls Said 3

• Cheating is never about the person who is betrayed.

It's a super selfish thing. Usually caused by them not knowing who they are, what they want, or why they are unhappy.

Yes there are situations where they feel rejected by their partner for one reason or another, but that didn't change that it's them going out and self soothing rather than addressing the issues at home.

• I used to think the reason why a guy cheated was because he wasn't getting sex at home but I have since learnt there could be a number of reason why

• Cheating has no rules. Something is missing that’s all. It’s not to hurt the other person.

• I could never cheat on another person who I truly cared about... I will leave before that happens. I couldn’t live with the guilt.