Did I make the right decision? Please read this cause I feel like an idiot breaking up with him?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 years and recently I caught my boyfriend flirting with girls on facebook and I broke up with him. He is known to be flirty with every girl he talks to and he always follows girls with revealing pictures on every social media. I don't understand why he is desperate when he has me? I try my hardest to make him happy but I don't understand what is wrong. So why do guys flirt with other girls when they are in a relationship and did I do the right thing breaking up with him?

26

What Guys Said 6

• No, breaking up with him speed a basic lack of trust and lack of commitment in a year relationship.
    Sounds like he's window shopping. If that's all it is, it's undermining for you but not the worst thing a guy's ever done, and does not reflect on the merits or otherwise of your and his relationship.

• Can I ask what you mean by window shopping?

• Nope. That's interacting with the merchandise.

• Thankyouuuu :)

• i mean honestly, you try everything you can to make your man happy yet he follows and flirts with girls all over the place.
    you did the right thing if you'd ask me

a girl who's comitted to her man should be able to expect the same from him

• Define flirting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLcgEBx1JEg

These women exist. Need to rule that out first.

• asking one girl for a sex video/ chat. Complimenting another girl calling her hot and pretty and saying how he 'wished he had a girlfriend like her'. Asking another girl if she's a virgin and complimenting her too. Still think im controlling?

• Do you really want me to answer that?

Maybe start chatting up your back burner guys, this guys pretty much done. Word of advice (which is usually reserved for men) Never get comfortable in your relationships. Never assume that person will always be there. Never put complete trust in (a woman) this is why prenuptial agreements exist... not that they work or anything. lol

• Thankyou :)

• It's about confidence boosts. Has nothing to do with you. It has to do with them. A man likes to know he has "it".

• Thankyou :) I understand now

• Did u warn him ever about his behavior before?

• We've had countless fights about him following girls who are revealing and commenting flirtatious comments.

• luckily no hahaha

• Lucky u ;)
      U both are Caucasians?

• Well if you can’t deal with how flirtatious he is and warned him about it then I guess breaking up is all you can do

• Exactly what I did. :)

What Girls Said 2

• It's one thing to admire a beautiful person waking by.

It's entirely another to actively pursue contact and engagement with them. It shows intent.

Guy doesn't value or respect what he had with you. And you are better off without that insecurity in your life.

• Much love thankyouu :)

• You made the right decision. You definitely don’t know what could have already happened or what might have happened if it continued.
    What I’ve learned is a lot of guys (especially young ones) are dogs. Many don’t know how to be loyal.
    You are a very strong person.