Who do you think does the breaking up more often between men and women?

Please explain why! If you're unsure, what have you experienced?

• Men
  • Women

1225

What Guys Said 25

• In my personal experience it has been equal if anything the pattern is we often stay too long past the point of rescue - In general just based on my perception I think girls tend to make the final break up decision more - It may be the case a guy's behaviour signalled the end but the girl called it.

• I've seen that to. Conscious or unconsciously some of the men make their behavior more and more outrageous until the women finally gets pushed past her breaking point and ends it. The guy can then play the victim and blame her for breaking up with him so he doesn't have to feel like the bad guy.

It definitely happens in similar ways with both gender roles, but I have personally seen the latter more often. I have no idea what the real rates are.

I have also seen situations where the women gets comfortable, the man starts to get bored and stops putting on as much effort. The result is pushing the women away emotionally. She then pulls away physically, which makes the man start looking around and push her farther away. By that point the relationship is mostly dead and yet they are so scared to be alone that they cling to each other. Then they are stuck in a dysfunctional love, hate thing. No matter who ends it by that point, both parties lose.

• Women initiate divorce 75% of the time.
    This isn't to say they're wrong, but they'll bail out long before the guys will - their threshold for 'unhaaaaappppyyy' is way lower than the men.
    It's not even up for debate.

Cheating runs about 50-50 by gender, but women lie better - they won't admit it when they want a little piece of Chad Thundercock. Even if they're happily married.

And about 80% of marriage suffer some kind of infedelity, from either or both parties.

• Very true except for the part about infidelity! Women cheat far more than men do.

• In my experience it's been about equal. I think it just depends on who first reaches the point where they feel like the negatives outweigh the positives enough that it's not worth continuing to work on the relationship.

• Typically I'm the one who ends up breaking up but I only go to that extreme if the relationship is just straight up toxic I dont date easy but when I do it's because I genuinely love em but if I feel the need to break up then you better believe they fucked up

• I think men are more likely to just keep their mouths shut when relationships turn sour. I've literally never broken up with a girl just because I always clung to hope that things would improve.

• I do, the women I'm attracted to are the free loader types so at the first sign of them trying to move in I finish it

• Based on my experience, I'd say it's a 50/50 split.

• Lads.

• Women

• Women I've dated have all be the ones to let me down and break up with me first

• Men mainly

• It a know fact it's women, there are statics on this you know.

• Women are more picky

• Just because man fuck shit up. but also be a tru man wen you have a lady in ur heart dnt break that crystal ball its hard too replace wen its broken juss sayn

• Women do of course and studies show that they are more likely to commit infidelity. Woman cheat far more than me they are just good at hiding it and hardly ever admit to their adulterous ways.

• In the relationship between men and women I believe its the man

• women

• Women, they are simply more picky. Whether or not that pickiness is warranted is another discussion.

• Women when they see that men are spineless
    Men when they see that the women are too bitchy

• I've seen many relationships where the woman ends it.

• usely guys

• I've never been in Relationship , so Can't tell 😂😉

• Men have all the power in the relationships, they control when you get together, and when you break up (if it happens)

• I don't know about non marital relationships but women file for divorce far more than men do.

• I have experienced intense agony and sorrow and wanted to suicide

What Girls Said 12

• I've met some very very sentimental emotional men

I probably know more ice maiden women than uncaring men

They really are just big gooey puddles of emotion

I'm a lesbian so they feel they can unload their emotional turmoil on me without damaging their masculinity as I'm not gonna judge them any less attractive and what not

• LOL this. I was broken up with by text a month ago seemingly out of the blue. She had plenty of chances to talk to me but chose to write and essay about the reasons she 'doesn't feel the same way anymore' including my 'emotional immaturity', the irony. We have not been in touch, but I'm a freakin' mess. Still very upset. I don't think she has even batted an eyelid.

• Sure, dm me. x

• Need you to follow me

• I think men because if a woman is in love, she'd do her hardest to keep the relationship going. Kinda what I'm trying to do right now.

• Probably in general women.

• In my experience it has been men. I know women do it too. But I'm not a heartbreaker. I've never broken up with anyone. I've been the one to get broken up with.

• I guess that depends more on the personality and the relationship itself.
    I initiated the breakup for 2 out of my 5 relationships so far.

• Men cause they have a hard time resisting all these hos and when times get rough they take the easy way out and cheat or leave and no many women now a days but some put up with a lot before they do end separting

• In all honesty I would have to say that women probably initiate more parting of the ways, simply because men don't always meet their expectations.

• Men the most cause they aren’t as sentimental as women

• Um... Stereotyping much?

• @the_legitbacon she can't even have a real opinion, she is only 17

• Women.

• Id say Men

• Because that's what i did.. i met abusive and control freak person.. And so i broke up

• Women , l don't know why