Is this an unhealthy relationship?

My friend has a boyfriend she doesn’t really like him but every time she tries to break up with him he threatens he’s gonna kill him self my friend is really sweet and I hate her being with that annoying piece of drama should I just be honest to her and say he’s not gonna kill him self

14

What Girls Said 1

• You're under 18, so I suppose your friend is under 18 as well. At that age girls are so naive and controllable... Tell her the truth! She won't take it, but at least you did what you had to do to warn her.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah that's actually unhealthy. It's abusive in my opinion because he's basically forcing her to stay with him or be responsible for his death. She should just leave him.

• Tell her: I have a friend who's girlfriend did this to him years ago. He tried to leave but ended up married to her! You obviously can't give in to blackmail, but you probably need to be sensitive to the threat as well.

• Sure, say it.

• That is text book emotional abuse. Have her record him saying that stuff, take it to a police officer or a psychiatrist, and have them take care of him.