Ending a relationship?

My boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me because he likes someone else.. our relationship was deteriorating as we were arguing everytime n for petty things.. so I ended it on a good note by saying bye and thanking him for his honesty.. he did not say a word.. however when I told him that I was thinking of breaking up because our relationship was becoming toxic.. he said 'no you were not and maybe our relationship was starting become toxic..' why did he denied that I wanted to break up too.. did he want to have the upper hand in the break up and crush me more?

05

What Guys Said 5

• He probably already had this girl on the side and that is when your relationship started deteriorating. He doesn't want to feel that he has been rejected for his wrongdoing so breaking up with you was intended to prevent you from breaking up with him.

• I don't see it breaking up first as a upperhand. He may just feel like that because he had to be the one to do it. But honestly who cares there is no point to wonder, just trash this failed relationship and move on.

• What older and wise guy said. Sorry, he has a backup girl.

• Sounds like thats exactly what he was trying to do

• Good because you know him better for only for 4 years

What Girls Said 0