Guys, Do guys ever regret breaking up with someone?

My ex and I went out for about 8 months, and we're both college students. At the beginning of our relationship, I could tell that my ex liked me a lot. However, his feelings started to fade when his parents said they didn't approve of me for him. They didn't approve of me because they didn't like my dad (my dad has multiple affairs with women). I know what my dad does is wrong, but that is something I can't control. If I let it get to me, I'd go crazy. So, I just continue to live my life how I want to.

Anyways, they don't approve of my dad because they believe when a person gets married, it's 50% about the person and 50% about the family. They said they don't want their grandkids to be raised in such an environment. Also, my ex never told me he loved me :(. He always told me,"I like you a lot, but I don't know if I love you. I feel like if I let you go though, I might be making a mistake." But, I think he didn't let himself love me because his parents kept telling him that he could do better, and that hurt.

However, he really hurt me when we broke up. He broke up with me because circumstances won't let us be together. I asked him if we could somehow work around his parents, but he didn't want to. He said,"My feelings are fading, and I have to be loyal to my parents. They raised me for 20 something years, so I have to repay them back." We started arguing because I felt like this wasn't fair. His parents didn't even meet me and they were judging me based on my father's actions. At the very end of our argument, he told me," I wish you didn't have your family situation so it'd be easier for me and my parents." At that point, I just stopped talking because I was so hurt.

It's been such a struggle just coping, not because I miss him or I have lingering feelings, but because what he said really affected me. We broke up because of something I struggled with my whole life.

From a guy's perspective, I was just wondering do guys ever regret breaking up :/.
3