Is it really possible to be friends with your ex?

If yes, why and how?

36

What Guys Said 6

• I've actually never tried. I've always moved on and stop having contact with them. I don't have any current contact with any exes.

• Yes. If the basic friendship is still intact even if the romantic attraction is gone, then exes make great advisors.

• Yes. I believe it is possible in a friendship way but it can be a downside for future relationships (-partners).

• No !!!

• I'm friends with all my ex's, just be casual, thsys probably the best thing

• I remain friends with my ex wife only because we had kids together and now she’s nicer to me them when I was married , LOL

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on how things ended if it ended on good terms for example if it was a mutual agreement then yes if not then no its not however it would have limitations to your interactions and conversations

• Yes, if you end up on neutral terms and you both moved on

• Yes, but it purely depends on how the break up happened and how the relationship was on a whole. Both parties would have to want to still be friends and there probably would need to be boundaries within the friendship.