Should I just move on?

So my ex boyfriend left me because he went to the mental hospital after having a mental break down and he was super depressed there and the social workers and psychiatrist was telling him needed to be single and now push all his feelings into me. It had gotten to the point when he was dependent of me for his happiness and I’ll admit it did bother me at first but I got used to because Sean was the best boyfriend I could’ve had. He treated me like such a princess and he’s far different from my ex boyfriends who treated me like shit. So he said after he’s well we can date again but he recommends I move on and date someone else because he doesn’t know how long it’ll take. So should I move on or should I wait around and see what happens?

14

What Guys Said 4

• For your own good, DO MOVE ON! Considering your young age, I can just suppose that you met a few jerks before Sean, that's why he made you feel "special". There are plenty of good guys out there, so my opinion is to start searching for yours. I'm not saying "look for a replacement", maybe sometime in the future you'll meet again, under better circumstances... but untill then, Don't Waste Precious Time, waiting. I've been through that and I cand warn you that if you neglect your needs (both physical & emotional), you'll end up sorrow, caught in the time loop you created. Take care

• What do u prefer to do?

• Be supportive to what he needs to do in a manner of his recovery you be you continue your education and keep things simple with him you will miss the way he treated you but let him get well stay in touch with him as not would b hard for him also

• yes you should

What Girls Said 1

• Well, i just went through a break up and its bc i did want to be with him but i wasn't happy and frankly he didn't care enough to do it himself so it sucked i had to. If a guy lets you be happy without him, he doesn't feel competent he can do it and be happy himself too without dragging you down. If your boyfriend said no you have to stay hed be selfish and wouldn't truly love you but love how you pay attention to him like a little kid. So he's being reasonable and mature, he loves you, so he's letting you go. Although he still loves you, a journey of taking care of yourself is never a regretted mistake, so if you two end up together again, he will only love you better. Good luck