Finding someone else to forget breakup good?

Me and my girlfriend brokeup from a 7 years old relationship. Now I am finding someone else for casual encounter to forget her. Is it effective?

21

What Girls Said 2

• I believe it is always better to sort out your feelings first instead of jumping into a new relationship. U might end up hurting someone else in your process of recovering. It might be effective in the short run to get over feelings of loneliness but it makes you weaker as a person. Basically it makes your a person who can’t handle being alone... who can’t deal with his emotions

• No. If you do that without giving yourself time to heal first, forgetting her will only be temporary. Give yourself time to heal first, no matter how long it takes.

What Guys Said 1

• Well first we need to find out what you're missing from the relationship. Is it sex? Companionship? Emotional support? Honestly I think it's natural to feel like their is a void but most of the time it takes time to heal that. Try to make yourself happy without another person first. I'm not saying don't go for casual encounters but understand that it won't make anything better unless you do it from within yourself.