Would you stay in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the children?

• No, i deserve to be happy. Besides it's better for the children we divorce.
  • Yes, i would stay for the children because leaving is selfish.
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C

1426

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get this mentality because if you're not happy, it's going to show and the kids are going to notice it, why put yourself through it? And what benefit is it going to do/be for them? Lots of kids parents divorce and not only do they adapt, but turn out just fine. It's how the parents handle it is what affects them, not whether they stay together or not. That's my opinion anyway.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage is not meant for you to get divorce for. While you do want to stay with your children, couples are unhappy because they refuse to work together. They need counseling and work it out. Before it teaches their kids that it's normal to divorce. They need to make their own self's happy. Marriage is about that person you married. Not about you. If you need a small break and separate, do that. You don't need any legal separation. But you have to come to terms and learn to properly communicate with your spouse and get to the bottom of your issue that you think it warrants for divorce.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE