Should I reach out to my ex boyfriend or not?

The break up was my fault but involved no cheating. I still love him even though it was 7 months ago he broke up with me. I noticed he keeps viewing my dating profile. Is he just curious because surely looking once or twice would do but five times a month. My gut tells me he misses me and is hesitant to contact me because of how things ended. I’m too scared to contact him on the site because I emailed him a couple months back and he didn’t respond. I really don’t know what to think or am I just kidding myself? He is 36 and I am 29, we lived together and had plans of marriage, children etc. I was his first girlfriend in 9 years he is very fussy. Will he ever talk to me again after cutting me off?

13

What Guys Said 3

• It all depends why you guys broke up. If it was your fault then whats to stop you from repeating the cycle of whatever you did to hurt him to begin with.
    I do not believe it is worth contacting him, though he is obviously still attached to you because he looks over your profile.

But if you think you are capable of being the one to work overtime to make up to him whatever you did wrong and you care enough for him , then call him directly or visit him.

Just make sure you really want this, life is short and everyone deserves to share their time with someone who loves them.

• My girlfriend and I broke up because her parents were making her life hell for being with me. I was naive and scared so I made it seem like I didn't care about her as much as I did. Truth is that I loved the girl so much that it scared the shit out of me and I had too much pride to let her know and to possibly be rejected. She had every reason to cut it off. We both said some hurtful things and it's been about four years. I still think about her. I don't have the courage to contact her again. I'm not in a good place in my life and I feel like I would be embarrassed.

• You are only thinking about reaching out because you haven't met someone else, don't wan to go through all of the effort to do so, or do not have other options.

If this ended already, then going back will end the same way, but at first it will be great. The question is, do we go back due to fear, or because it's good for us...

What Girls Said 1

• You lived together, that is something! I don’t know what you did, if it was really bad or not... but I think you should send him a message, without talking about your relationship. Just tell him you need to see him, just to talk. If he doesn’t reply, forget it...