Would you forgive someone who cheated on you?

Hello,

I was having a long distance relationship with someone and recently he told me that he cheated on me with his ex but he said ‘ he loves me, not her.’ and I stopped contacting with him directly. Now he will fly to my country to see me but I don’t know what to do , and he is trying to reach me but I feel like I shouldn’t see him.

826

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I know this isn't your question but people post this so much that I finally had to correct this. You use the word forgive. That isn't what you are asking. To forgive someone means you let go of the bitterness in your heart and choose not to hold onto negative feelings of hate, revenge over someone else. It is 100% possible to forgive them and break up and to never have a relationship with them again. That's the wrong word.

What you want to know is if we'd take someone back.

To answer your question I would end the relationship and I would never take back anyone who was unfaithful to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve never been in a relationship where I was cheated on and I had to take him back. So I would say no now but I do think it’s ridiculous when women and men keep taking cheaters back