Would you forgive someone who cheated on you?

Hello,

I was having a long distance relationship with someone and recently he told me that he cheated on me with his ex but he said ‘ he loves me, not her.’ and I stopped contacting with him directly. Now he will fly to my country to see me but I don’t know what to do , and he is trying to reach me but I feel like I shouldn’t see him.

826

What Guys Said 26

• Well, I know this isn't your question but people post this so much that I finally had to correct this. You use the word forgive. That isn't what you are asking. To forgive someone means you let go of the bitterness in your heart and choose not to hold onto negative feelings of hate, revenge over someone else. It is 100% possible to forgive them and break up and to never have a relationship with them again. That's the wrong word.

What you want to know is if we'd take someone back.

To answer your question I would end the relationship and I would never take back anyone who was unfaithful to me.

• I have to agree with the consensus here that people rarely cheat "just one time". You are either a cheater or not. I've always thought it was about the stupidest thing you could do in a relationship. If you want to be with more than one at a time DONT BE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP or get married.

• Nope.. absolutely zero tolerance. If you cheat, then you're never to hear from me again and you're not a stranger in my life. No explanation, no anything.

• I did once, and will never do it again. Pretty simple.

• I encourage you not to meet with him. He screwed up and whats keeping him from screwing up again?

• Yes I'll forgive. But never forget. No wait, it's over. The trust is gone. I'm always gonna wonder where and with you my partner is. I'm always gonna wonder who my partner is chatting too.

So I'd rather not put myself in that situation and dump him if I were you. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Definitely not

• I have many times, but it is the fact she done it but to man who was trying to get at me. He thought by screwing her I would fight, but it failed

• I was also having an long distance relationship of about 10 years we frequently met 3 to 4 times a year. But one day she moved on with another guys. But still i love her u know why because the memories i am having with her will let me live for another 100 years. So, if i am duffer let it be because i love her and i will love her only.. If she returns then why will i not talk and meet her. By meeting and by talking we can figure it out with her/his behaviour. So according to me meet him..

• Not at all no tolerance for a cheater the only thing that I can't and won't forgive is cheating

• I'm ready to forgive the one I love even if she didn't realise her mistakes.

• No. Cheating is something i can not tolerate.

• don't see him. if he can cheat once he can do it again. don't forgive him.

• No. Once a cheat always a cheat. It's the sad truth.

• Nope, never. No chance. No ifs ands or buts.

• Nah.

• Depends really on the person, and how we agree to proceed

• I was cheated on in my last relationship. I forgave her and she swore she would never do it again. The she started sleeping with my best friend. Don't put yourself through that

• I never forgive..

Relationship should be loyal, unique and should have dedication between both

• Nope never

• I wouldn't forgive someone who cheated

• Dont because if he done it once he will do it again

• Don't bother with him, if he has cheated once then he'll do it again.

• If you take a cheater back, it's like saying "you can cheat on me again, because I don't respect myself... or YOU!"

• Naaa

• Do not meet this man.

What Girls Said 8

• I’ve never been in a relationship where I was cheated on and I had to take him back. So I would say no now but I do think it’s ridiculous when women and men keep taking cheaters back

• I'd be beyond hurt and never talk to him again.

• Depends on how you feel about sexual relationships without the romancing (or friends with benefits) but if it was purely just for the physical aspect then I might give him a second chance especially if he's been treating you right. And at least he's being honest and upfront about cheating.

• Depends if she told me I might be able to if I found out some other way or with a friend I’m done.

• I would never forgive again.

• Nope, never! Once a cheater, always a cheater! Respect yourself and move on, there are plenty of other people out there. Good luck!

• I would but won't give a second chance.

• Never. Cheating is unforgivable.