How do you break up with a friend?

So I have this friend I've known since high school but over the years she has become a drain in my life. She is constantly negative, jealous and never has anything nice to say, not to mention she's bossy. I don't want her in my life anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just break up with her like you would a romantic relationship. Lol
    Our friendship has run its course, we're no longer in the same place. I appreciate all the hard times you've seen me through but this friendship is no longer beneficial to me, we have different views and priorities, I think it's time we go out separate ways.
    This will likely get you blasted by her though. So you can go that route or you can just keep "forgetting" to respond to her messages or return her calls until she stops trying.

What Guys Said 5

• Just send her a message that the friendship is over and you don't want any contact with her whatsoever.

• That's a very poor attitude, try guide your friend into the light and help out... if everything failed then tell her you're busy and pull away

• Not my responsibility. She's an adult.

• Since you don't care, why ask us? Cut off from her negativity... permanently

• Because he's annoying

• Give her the option of either waking up in living life or sitting at home in hating life

• Easy...
    Say i love you and want to marry you in a creepy way.
    If that do not work then just be like her... she will automatically goπŸ˜„πŸ˜„

What Girls Said 10

• Oke been there done that. You both meet, you tell her you want distance from her cause you need a little change in your life or you tell her that you need a break from this friendship cause... (reasons)..., but of course you will be still there for her and all, still tho this friendship is right now to much for you

• Ghost. In case you want to mend it again. Maybe she's just in a bad phase in life and you're too busy to handle it rn.

• Just cut all means of contact with her. If she's not a good friend you don't owe her an explanation.

If you feel you want to tell her though, just be honest and state what you have here.

• If you think she's going to be vindictive after you sever the friendship you could always start spending more time with other people or doing things she can't be a part of. Insecure people are poisonous to us. Good luck however you handle it. πŸ‘

• Tell her how it is.
    That's all you really can do.

I lost an old "best friend" recently. It sucks but all you can do is just get rid of the negative people and live your life better.

• Being in this situation on the bad end (In which she was the bad friend, I just called her out on her BS and she didn't like it. lol) Just tell her. Ignoring only hurts, in a way that you dont know whats going on, and all you want to know is 'why', it would hurt a lot less in the long run if you rip the band aid off and be straight forward. giving them a guessing game only hurts worse and never goes away.

• Just tell her that. I had to tell my best friend how I felt about her, we're not friends anymore but this has been in the making for the past 8 years.

• If she's someone you meet daily - don't meet outside of the place you have to meet. If she needs to make plans to meet, become a bit too busy for her.

• Just keep deleting them out of your life. Ignore messages, don't meet her anymore, unfriend her on social media and simple tell her you don't want her in your life anymore

• Talk to her and tell her u can not handle her tell her what is wrong with her... or just block herπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…