Ex girlfriend invited me to her birthday?!?!

So me and my ex dated just over 2 years and during that time we were in love and everything and then we broke up (her doing) and I was pretty choked about it and told her I never wanted to talk to her again... and I didn't, for 5 years, yes I saw her here and there but it was always hi/bye...

Last week I met her at a wedding party, I was waiting outside of the restrooms for a buddy who got a little drunk and it seemed like she came out of nowhere and started making small talk of how I was doing, what have you been up to, etc. She's always been a good looking girl but that day she was HOT, buddies of mine were coming up to me asking who that girl was. Anyways, while making small talk, 2 of friends and 3 cousins came up to me and asked me the same stuff and how long its been since we've hung out and stuff and how much fun we had back in the day. I thought it was another one of those hi/bye things and didn't really think much of it and I went to the bar to grab a drink for myself (I left the girls near the restrooms... lol)

About an hour or so later she came up to me by herself and we talked and laughed for a while and made it to the dance floor and at the end of the night I said goodbye, gave her a hug and made no attempt to get her number or anything like that and she didn't ask for mine.

So I'm getting to the parking lot getting to my ride home and she text's me from inside the party (I never gave her my number but she remembered it after like 5 years) asking me if I need a ride home cause she knew I was feeling pretty good from the drinks. I said no thanks I'm going home with the guys.

I get home about an hour later and usually I get to sleep pretty fast when I've been drinking but I couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking about her, her smile, laugh, and how it was before we broke up. I finally get to sleep and in the morning she starts texting me saying that her friend misses hanging out and I should come to her birthday, it will be like old times. I told her I don't want to drive there because I'll be drinking and my ex offered to get one of her girlfriends to pick me up on the way.

So for the last 3 days I've been talking to her just making small talk and at night having a pretty hard time going to sleep because I can't stop thinking about this chick.

Now I'm at the point where I'm about to blow up (lol), I don't know if I should get her something for her bday, if she invited me to be friends or hook up again. If I get the chance I'm going to tell her I forgive her for whatever and start where we left off. Sorry for the long post but I just need a girls perspective on this.

10

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe she wants to become friends again. I have an ex that I don't have romantic feelings for anymore, but ever since I started dating someone else, we haven't talked at all. I'd love to hang out with him again, but not romantically. So she could be feeling like that, or maybe she wants to try again.

I say you just wait it out and you'll see. Eventually you'll realize what she's trying to get at.

Good luck

What Guys Said 0