Do I officially end it or give him space?

My long distance boyfriend (he lives on the east coast of the US and I live on the west coast) and I have been involved with each other for 2 and a half years. He is 22 and I'm 19 and it's my first relationship ever. We went long distance last January and became an official couple in January this year.

Since August our communication has been bad and he doesn't care how hurt I've felt. He changed since he added some girl. He said she is just a friend he knew in high school. But earlier this week I told him it's a lie because I found stuff. He said they are friends which made me angrier. Why would he have to lie? Then he acted like I was overreacting and made me out to be crazy and in the wrong. We made up on Tuesday, or so I thought.

On Wednesday he ignored me all day then changed our relationship status to only where me and him see it. Then said he didn't want it to be like this but we've been drifting for a while and he needs to let me go. That he needs space and alone time from everyone. But he is still active on all social media so he lied when he said it's not me. How much more space can he get when we barely talked the last few months? But then he keeps telling me he loves me and cares but won't tell me if we are together still. He ignores me and has only sent 2 messages a day and this breakup has dragged on for 3 days. I'm just so exhausted and hurt because I love him but this isn't a healthy relationship. What do I do?

34

What Guys Said 4

• I have the same situation and the thing is that it is difficult for boys to continue their relationship with a girl withouth seeing them closely. He'll see lots of girls and this will affect your relationship.
    I left the town that I had my first relationship with a girl for four years and now I haven't talked to her since a month. When I talked to her I found out that this is not what I wanted and I was losing my feelings about her, so I decided to let her go. It was what I thought is the best for both of us because even if I stayed I knew It was gonna hurt my feelings more than leaving her.
    So, basically I think he has already left this relationship. All u can do is try not to talk to him a lot and give him some space. If he loves you he'll text u back and try to fetch the things back, but if not, then he'll become colder and colder. In that case you need to quit this unhealthy relationship and get some refreshment, think about other good things in life and stay positive for better opportunities in the future. I wish u best luck ❤

• He has already planned on moving on and living with someone else , now the thing between you both see BBmed gone , he has already started to have a different life with else one , why do you waste time , just ask him one on one , is this thing happening between us or not , but it will be difficult to move one , but it's wise to move on

• Your 19 in a long distance casual dating. Go out and find someone you can see every day or every other day. Go and have fun and enjoying the dating scene

• Just leave him and block him he isn’t worth your time if he doesn’t acknowledge you

What Girls Said 3

• End it. Don't let it keep dragging on you will only hurt more for a longer time. You need closure and then time to heal.
    May seem like the end of the world since you love him but you will find someone who deserves you.

• Just end it, I don't think this will ever work

• Leave him. If he comes back good if not he's not worth it