He doesn't want kids.

My boyfriend and I have only been dating a month but I know he doesn't want kids and I can't imagine life without having a kid or two. Just wondering what you would do. would you go a head and end it before you got in too deep or see where it goes. And in the end I will do what I think I need to do for me but I was curious to what other people would do.

51

Most Helpful Guy

• 18 to 24 is still pretty young when it comes to the idea of kids. It's possible that time will change his mind on things, but that's not something you should count on. CherryWill makes a good point: if you are trying to date seriously and this isn't something that can be compromised on, there's probably not a future here.

That being said, depending on your age, I wouldn't recommend worrying about finding the guy you're going to spend the rest of your life with right now. I say depending on your age because there is a big difference between 18 years old and 24 years old. I'm not one to lecture on how other people live their life, but you're got a long future ahead of you and might consider dating somewhat more casually for a while. There's no need to rush into the rest of your life right now.

But if you're considering ending it, you should talk with him about it. Ask yourself what's really important to you, and then find out what's really important to him. Don't look for a reason to end it, but don't stick around if it just isn't going to happen.

Just like you say though, in the end it's your call. Best of luck.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• Do you want kids at your age? It might only last a few months anyway so I think just have fun with it if you enjoy being together. I think if you get in you 30's then you should be stressing cause its kinda getting close to your last chance to have kids. Just enjoy it, don't worry bout kids at this age.

• If you think you could see a future with him,I say end it.Kids are something you can't compromise on and if he doesn't want children,he's going to feel that way no matter how much he loves/cares about you.

I think you should end it before you get in too deep.I mean,imagine him being the love of your life,but he doesn't want kids and kids are something you want.

• if you're at a time in your life when you're ready to settle down and date seriously this should definately be a deal breaker sense it's very important to you, meaning you should end the relationship.

• If your planning some day to have kids then maybe you should end it before it gets to far.

I would feel really upset if I found out my boyfriend didn't want kids.

You could see where it go's but just don't get your hopes up girl. :D

• I'm having a problem similar to yours... my boyfriend wants to have kids and I don't. He says that he was OK that his ex didn't want kids and he was with her for 3 years so I'm sure he won't leave me. As long as you don't leave him... you guys will be togehter... so it is up to you to leave or stay...not trying to change your mind or anything but some people have their reasons for not wanting kids. ASk him his reasons and try to understand and be open minded... and see if that helps you to also accept the idea of not having kids or not. just syaing! good luck