How to let him down easy?

Today, my sorta guy friend told me he liked me, and how its taken him forever (known him like 5 years at least) to tell me, but I don't like him that way. I don't know how I can let him down easy when I say no cause I have to see him throughout the day. I want to still be friends with him too. It makes me feel bad since its taken him so long to say it and I've been in that position before myself so, any advice?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• OK, this is tough, but the worst thing you can do is to avoid him or keep him in suspense because that's not letting him down easy.

I think ultimately, the truth will be the best and what he really needs to hear.

Your only other option is to give him a half-truth or white lie, like telling him that there's someone else or that you don't want to risk your friendship...but ultimately, these half-truths are never as good as the full truth.

Now, how to actually tell him...

Since you've been in this position yourself, I'd start by telling him a story of what it was like for you, and then just tell him that you're in the same situation with him now.

What Guys Said 2

• Just brush him off without drama. TEll him succinctly that you only see him as a friend, and let it go at that. Don't argue about it, don't drag it out. If you are just quick and smiling about it, he'll get over it quickly, but not if you get in a long argument...

• There's no way to let a guy down easy, it always hurts. I've been in the same situation and I always hoped that the girl I asked was just plain and blunt as possible, don't talk in riddles and don't give him hope.

He'll appreciate you just being down right honest with him and if you just say it. He might never talk too you again or just stay friends, but that just depends on what kinda guy he is, no one will be able to help you with that. You can't change a guy.

What Girls Said 0