How do I get him to forgive me?

My ex boyfriend and I were doing long distance and he got upset last time he came to visit because he felt like I was appreciating the fact that I would only get to see him for a couple days, and felt like I was treating him like he still lived in our home town still and I could see him all the time like usual. He broke up with me because he got upset, and doesn't see the point in doing long distance because it is not what he expects or wants it to be, but I think he is just holding a grudge against me and is throwing a bit of a fit convincing himself that thing won't change... but he said he's not over me and he misses me and he still loves me... so do you think the only reason he won't come back to me is because he's holding on to a bad memory?

16

What Guys Said 6

• He probably wants out of the long distance thing. It doesn't work for everyone and it's not working for him and so he's frustrated because he likes you, but he doesn't want a long distance thing so he struggled with what to do. You gotta spend some time apart and not talking to each other so he can sort out his feelings and you should tell him that. Tell him to sort out his feelings and then you can talk, and give a good month.

• I think he is very confused on what he wants like you said he loves me but long distance is really hard for him... we didn't talk for a month and we just talked recently and he said he won't ever be over me and he still loves me and it seems like he is very confused

• There's only so much effort you can put in to this before it's time to give up. I understand you love him and care for him, but at what point have you done enough? If he doesn't feel appreciated, yet you're sure you've done what you can, what more can you do?

• I'm not sure, it's more up to him than me

• I think you meant to say he felt like I was *not* appreciating the fact that I would only get to see him for a couple of days.
    Seems like a thin reason to break a relationship.

• yes that is what i meant, i mean i agree but he doesn't control his emotions very well and has broken up with me over fights

• Dunno how long you two have been together but sounds like you were OK before the LDR. Is the LDR permanent?

• we were together for almost a year and a half 2 years before he transferred to the college he is currently going to... it isn't permanent but he still has a year and a half left

• Depends on how bad the memory is.

• I described it above

• I will be there if you wanna talk about it.

• thank you!

• Give him a bj and call it a day

• I think he is genuinely upset and in general long distant relationships are difficult to deal with. He might have said he brake ip, but he can't live without you. You guys need to communicate witheachother how you feel. Long distant relationships are not easy.

• Why do you mention he can't live without me

• Probably.

• what do i do

• Move on and find someone else. If you're putting all the effort in and he is doing zero, he isn't worth it.

What Girls Said 1

• Forget him. Sound like a dude that could shove you down the stairs and say; wops im sorry i just overreacted. Bad times girl